Geochemical laboratory testing, supporting oil and gas exploration and production.
Intertek oil and gas geochemistry laboratories provide Total Quality Assurance geochemical testing and analytical capabilities for clients on a global basis.
Geochemical laboratory analysis:
- High Resolution Gas Chromatography Mass Spectrometry (GCMS-Biomarkers). Used for source typing, thermal maturity, oil-source correlation, Source rock dating from C26 Steranes.
- 13C Stable Isotopic Analysis (DEL 13C) . Oil-oil and oil-source rock correlation.
- 13C Stable Isotopic Analysis of Gases by (GC-IRMS). Gas characterisation and reservoir compartmentation.
- Gas Chromatography (GC). Oil and extract characterisation.
- High Temperature Gas Chromatography. Wax characterisation C14 to C80+.
- High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC)
- Pyrolysis - Gas Chromatography (PGC). Oil to gas generation potential.
- Pyrolysis - "Rock Eval" . Petroleum potential.
- Elemental Analysis (TOC and S%). Source rock richness.
- Vitrinite Reflectance. Sediment maturity profile.
- Iatroscan. Tar mat delineation.
- Physical property and elemental analysis. API Gravity, Viscosity, S, Ni, V, N, TAN, Wax content etc.