HVACR Certification & Equipment Testing
Get Heating, Ventilation, Air Conditioning, and Refrigeration (HVACR) products to market faster and more confidently with the Total Quality Assurance leader in HVACR Certification and Testing
HVACR testing and certification refer to the process of evaluating and verifying the performance, safety, and energy efficiency of heating, ventilation, air conditioning, and refrigeration systems and equipment. This is done to ensure that the systems and equipment meet the required standards and regulations for quality and safety.
HVACR Equipment testing involves testing HVACR equipment to ensure that it meets the required standards for performance, safety, and energy efficiency. This testing is typically done by independent testing laboratories, such as Intertek. Equipment that meets the required standards is given the ETL certification mark to indicate that it has been tested and certified.
HVACR testing and certification are important because they help ensure that HVACR systems and equipment are safe, reliable, and energy-efficient. They also help establish minimum standards for the HVACR industry and provide a way for consumers to identify qualified professionals and high-quality products.
Intertek Solutions for the HVACR Industry
Market requirements for HVACR equipment are evolving quickly, including standards for safety, energy efficiency, performance, chemicals, IoT and more. To ensure the most efficient path to product success, manufacturers and stakeholders around the world turn to Intertek for the most up-to-date regulatory information and for all of their Assurance, Testing, Inspection, and Certification needs.
Path to HVAC Certification Through January 2024
Industry associations such as AHRI and AHAM rely on us for our commitment to customer service, expertise, and quality testing. Get your products tested and certified for the markets you need to reach with the turnaround time you expect from a trusted partner.
Leverage our diverse array of testing capabilities to validate internal testing and verify compliance to industry specifications
Our labs and experts can test to virtually any domestic or international safety standards, including UL 1995 and UL 60335-2-40 and UL 60335-2-89 for HVACR Certification
Refrigerants / Lubricants / Chemicals Testing
Minimize costly business interruptions with refrigerant, lubricant or materials compatibility testing
Test Facility Build and Design Services
Take the risk out of facility design and HVAC test equipment; work with the experts on building world-class HVACR testing facilities and operations
Verify product compliance to regional and international electromagnetic emissions and immunity requirements, including the latest Radio and IoT requirements for connected devices
Association Testing Programs
No one has more experience testing to HVACR association requirements; we’ll provide the accurate testing data you need to obtain association certifications
Auditing and Systems Certification
Need help or have a question?
- HVAC Certification Requirements for Polymerics and Non-Metallic Materials Fact Sheet
- HVAC Path to Certification Through January 2024 Fact Sheet
- Zero Ozone Verification Program Fact Sheet
- UL 60335-2-40: Frequently Asked Questions
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Ensuring Compliance With UL 60335-2-40 Webinar
- Transitioning from UL 1995 to UL 60335-2-40 White Paper
- HVACR Testing Chamber Design Services
- Gas Appliance Regulations Webinar: GAR vs. GAD
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Accelerated Stress Testing to Manage Disruptive Market Changes Webinar
- Intertek’s 65-Ton Psychrometric Test Facility
- Internet of Things (IoT) Capabilities and the Safeguarding of Smart HVACR Systems White Paper
- Functional Safety for Products White Paper
- UN 38.3 and the Requirements for the Transportation of Lithium Batteries
- Radio Equipment Directive (RED) white paper
- Department of Energy Direct Final Rules Webinar Recording
- Department of Energy Regulations
- AHRI Standards
- AHAM Program Directory
- HVACR Blog
- GSA Schedule Services
- LEED Green Building Rating System
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program