Cabling Products Testing
Intertek is the industry leader in providing cabling testing services for a wide range of products, including cables, connectivity components, and fiber
From specialized performance and association testing, to independent verification of installed cabling products, Intertek provides a suite of services addressing the needs of manufacturers, contractors, facility managers and distributors.
With offices in over 100 countries, Intertek can help you meet your cabling requirements to reach your target market quickly. Not only can Intertek verify your cable and component, it can also verify your cable links.
Our services include:
- Testing of cables to Cat 5e, Cat 6 and beyond.
- Testing of connectivity hardware components to Cat 5, Cat 5e, Cat 6, and Cat 6A.
- EMC testing of cabling products to international standards.
- Testing of fiber optic cable and connectors to meet Bellcore, RUS, IEEE, TIA/EIA and other requirements.
- DWDM technology testing of cabling systems.
- DSL technology testing of cabling systems.
- Fiber Optic Cable testing to a number of Bellcore standards.
- Fiber Optic Components (FOC) testing for standards including GR-20-CORE, GR-409-CORE, GR-13-CORE, GR-771-CORE, GR-765-CORE
- Active Testing: Simulation testing to determine if cabling infrastructure can handle stringent transmission protocols.
- Cabling System Channel/Link Verification Program: Designed to test and verify performance of manufacturers' cabling products and connectivity hardware in a LAN environment.
- Total Solutions Testing Program: Testing cabling systems in multiple environments - including lab testing, field testing and active testing - to provide clients with complete, accurate results that best reflect a system’s overall performance.
- Limited-Combustibility Testing for Plenum Cabling Products: The NFPA’s standard for limited-combustibility defines the acceptable combustibility and fuel load limits for cabling products that are to be installed in return air plenums.
- Independent Field Verification: Field verification assures that the system performs to the appropriate requirements and that it was installed properly
Our Cable Testing Facilities
Intertek houses a number of specialized chambers and equipment to meet your testing needs - from the typical to the extreme. These include:
ANDO Single Mode and Multimode OTDR
Multi-Mode Return Loss Test Set
Salt Fog Chamber
Polarization Mode Dispersion Analyzer
Horizontal Steiner Tunnel
100 Channel JDS Single-Mode Switch Systems
26 Channel JDS Multi-Mode Switch Systems
Multi-Mode Launch Condition Analyzer
45 Channel JDS Single Mode Switch Systems
Photon Kinetics S18 Chromatic Dispersion Analyzer
ANDO Optical Spectrum Analyzer
Broadband Light Source
SM & MM Fusion Splicer
Vibration System 2-3K Hz