Appliances and Consumer Electronics Testing
Quickly and efficiently develop the highest quality products for the global marketplace
Appliances and Consumer Electronics Testing is the process of evaluating the safety, quality, and performance of appliances and electronic products that are designed for use by consumers. This is done through a series of tests that assess the safety and performance of products, including electrical safety, mechanical safety, and ability to withstand environmental conditions. The purpose of appliances and electronics testing is to ensure that these products meet regulatory requirements, industry standards, and consumer expectations for safety, reliability, and functionality.
Intertek's Solutions for the Appliances and Electronics Industry
Leading appliance and electronics manufacturers rely on Intertek to deliver a Total Quality Assurance solution for their products and processes, from unprecedented speed for testing and product certification, breadth of services, global laboratories and experts, and leadership in performance and benchmark testing, Intertek provides the most comprehensive solutions worldwide.
Our expertise brings best-in-class practices to ensure your product is ready for market. Performance testing allows you to be confident in your product's quality and competitive advantages, which reduces your risk and protects your brand.
We have a passion for building partnerships that go beyond regulatory testing. Our breadth of services supports clients in product design, inspecting supply chains, assessing facility productivity, and providing confidence that your products, systems, and people are all working together to strengthen your market position.
*Intertek consulting services provided for Appliances & Consumer Electronics are carried out by consulting experts of a separate legal entity who have no influence over any aspect of Intertek Notified Body activities.
Need help or have a question?
- Transitioning Products and Certification to UL 60335-2-89
- NSF 456 Vaccine Storage Fact Sheet
- Germicidal Efficacy Testing: Appliance Considerations
- Germicidal Products Webinar: Safety, Performance, and Efficacy
- IEC 62368-1 Standard Compliance Guide White Paper
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Household Dishwasher Test Method EN 50242:2016 Fact Sheet
- Gas Appliance Regulations: Guidance for Implementation of GAR vs. GAD White Paper
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Ceiling Fan Energy Efficiency: Compliance with DOE Rule 10 CFR Part 430
- NTA 8837 Regulation Fact Sheet
- G Marking For Low-Voltage Electrical Products in the Middle East White Paper
- Why Meeting Safety Standards can Still Result in Recalls
- Product Directories
- Public Notices & Product Safety Alerts
- Smart Grid Services
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program