Equipment destined for space must function as designed, with no margin for error. We can help the industry meet those mission critical specifications.
When looking to send electrical equipment into space, electromagnetic and environmental performances are critical considerations for every manufacturer to consider.
Because in-service maintenance is virtually impossible, one component or sub-assembly must not interfere with or be influenced by another, and both components and whole units must be able to perform in extremes of temperature, variable environmental pressures, in environments containing dust or gas and should not be susceptible to moisture.
Intertek’s global footprint of labs can help in assessing components and equipment for these diverse, out-of-this-world challenges.
Our experienced electrical engineers can conduct R&D stage equipment assessment, checking everything from surge protection, to creepage and clearance to help you guard against short-circuiting. We can also help validate basic design to ensure the equipment will function as intended.
Several Intertek sites offers fully anechoic and semi-anechoic chambers for testing emissions and immunity, with test item sizes ranging from 3 to 10 meters. Observers are always welcome.
We test to the following Standards:
- DEF STAN 59-411 and 61-5 and EN Standards
- MIL STD 461 including: EMC radiated immunity/susceptibility; radiated emissions; bulk current injection; conducted immunity/susceptibility; conducted emissions; and the ability to perform radiated immunity testing up to 200V/m field strength in accordance with MIL STD 461 RS103 from 2MHz to 40 GHz and down to 10KHz
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Testing
- Calibration Services
- SEMI F47 Testing
- Wireless Inductive Charging Testing
Intertek offers an extensive range of chambers to test temperature, vibration, shock, mechanical wear and dust/moisture ingress and the effect of the light spectrum. Our chambers routinely test equipment for aerospace, military, IT and industrial applications and we can perform altitude simulation with temperature to 100,000 feet (30,000 meter). We can test to the IEC 60068-x-y series and MIL, DEF and RTCA standards listed below, or we can design a custom test program specific to your needs.
- MIL STD 810G
- 500.5 Low Pressure (Altitude)
- 501.5 High Temperature
- 502.5 Low Temperature
- 503.5 Temperature Shock
- 504.1 Contamination by Fluids
- 506.5 Rain
- 507.5 Humidity
- 509.5 Salt Fog
- 510.5 Sand and Dust
- 511.5 Explosive Atmosphere
- 512.5 Immersion
- 513.6 Acceleration
- 514.6 Vibration
- 515.6 Acoustic Noise
- 60068-1 General and guidance
- 60068-2-1 Tests - Test A: Cold
- 60068-2-2 Tests - Test B: Dry heat
- 60068-2-5 Tests - Test Sa: Simulated solar radiation
- 60068-2-6 Tests - Test Fc: Vibration
- 60068-2-7 Tests - Test Ga and guidance: Acceleration, steady state
- 60068-2-11 Tests - Test Ka: Salt mist
- 60068-2-13 Tests - Test M: Low air pressure
- 60068-2-14 Tests - Test N: Change of temperature
- 60068-2-17 Tests - Test Q: Sealing
- 60068-2-18 Tests - Test R and guidance: Water
- 60068-2-27 Tests - Test Ea and guidance: Shock
- 60068-2-30 Tests - Test Db: Damp heat, cyclic (12 h + 12 h cycle)
- 60068-2-31 Tests - Test Ec: Rough handling shocks, primarily for equipment-type specimens
- 60068-2-38 Tests - Test Z/AD: Composite temperature/humidity cyclic test
We are also specialists in radio equipment, and offer testing services for Radio Transmitting and Receiving Equipment Radio transmitters and receivers (Measurement frequency range: 10 kHz to 4 GHz, power output up to 150 watts).
We test to the following Standards:
- ETSI EN 300 220-1 V2.3.1
- ETSI EN 300 220-1 V2.4.1
- ETSI EN 300 220-2 V2.3.1
- ETSI EN 300 220-2 V2.4.1
- ETSI EN 300 330-1 V1.3.1
- ETSI EN 300 330-2 V1.3.1
- ETSI EN 301 489-1, V1.2.1
- ETSI EN 301 489-1, V1.3.1
- ETSI EN 301 489-1 V1.8.1
- ETSI EN 301 489-3 V 1.3.1
- ETSI EN 301 489-5, V1.2.1 (PMR)
- ETSI EN 301 489-7, V1.1.1 (900/1800 GSM) ETSI EN 301 489-9, V1.2.1 (VSAT) ETSI EN 301 489-2, V1.2.1 (Paging) ETSI EN 301 489-3, V1.2.1 & ETSI EN 301 489-3, V1.3.1 (SRD)
Intertek has Nadcap-accreditation and offers extensive mechanical testing of plastics and advanced composite materials.
Intertek is a Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratory (NRTL) and our accreditations include ISO 17025, Nadcap, UKAS accredited for Military and Commercial EMC Testing and more.