Germicidal Appliance Solutions
Verifying appliances with germicidal functions for efficacy, performance, and compliance with safety guidelines in the intended environment
Germicidal products refer to devices that may kill organisms and bacteria that cause infectious disease. These products are used in healthcare facilities, air filtration systems, home appliances and other applications worldwide to help prevent the spread of pathogens. Clothes washers and dryers, dishwashers, floor cleaners, air cleaners and purifiers are only few examples of household or commercial appliances which may incorporate a germicidal function.
Germicidal products require testing and certification to ensure they comply with industry standards and are safe for use in the intended environment. They can also be tested for performance measuring disinfection or sterilization capabilities used for claims validation. Depending on how these products are used, the requirements and testing will be different.
Safety and Performance Testing for Germicidal Appliances Digital Resources:
- Germicidal Devices: EPA & PMRA Requirements FAQs
- AHAM AC-4 Measuring Removal Efficiency of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) for Portable Air Cleaners
- IEC 60335-1: Safety for Appliances with Germicidal Function
- AHAM AC-5: Assessing the Reduction Rate of Key Bioaerosols by Portable Air Cleaners
- Efficacy Testing for Anti-Viral, Anti-Bacterial, and Anti-Microbial properties
- Photobiological Testing
- Germicidal Products Solutions for Lighting
Intertek’s global network of experts and laboratories work with manufacturers on customized compliance and quality assurance plans for germicidal products across a variety of applications. Contact us today to discuss your project.
Need help or have a question?