Virology Efficacy Testing Solutions
Virology testing evaluates the reduction of pathogens using relevant viruses of human and animal origins. Offering a more precise determination of reduction and aerosolization of biosafety level (BSL) 1 & 2 organisms, Intertek can assist manufactures with test data for performance verification, efficacy claims, and market entry.
Our independent virology testing services offer world-class capability across many industries including lighting, consumer products and electronics, medical devices, HVAC air filtration systems, and more. From assessment of contamination, quality control testing, shelf-life and challenge testing, our testing services can increase consumer confidence in your product, mitigate the negative effects of viruses in your production environment and safeguard your processes and personnel.
Intertek can develop custom bioaerosol test methods to assist with a client’s specific needs. In addition to custom methods, Intertek has been involved in the development of AHAM method AC-5 for home air cleaners, as well as ASHRAE 185 for UV lights.
Assurance Research & Development Services
Intertek’s regulatory consulting experts provide guidance to manufacturers looking to distribute sanitizing products on a global scale. The service offers insight on regional regulations, pre-market approval processes for end-use products, and guidance for marketing claims.
Regional Regulations - Assistance with understanding regional regulatory requirements that allow manufacturers to develop marketing claims.
Market Entry - Interactive research and testing design based on end-use applications and market entry requirements.
Marketing Claims Guidance - Review of existing claims and process guidance on marketing statements.
- Why Meeting Safety Standards can Still Result in Recalls
- Reese's Law – ANSI/UL 4200A-2023
- Product Directories
- Public Notices & Product Safety Alerts
- Smart Grid Services
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program
- Transitioning Products and Certification to UL 60335-2-89
- IEC 60335-1 Edition 6 Fact Sheet
- Germicidal Efficacy Testing: Appliance Considerations
- NSF 456 Vaccine Storage Fact Sheet
- Cybersecurity for Consumer Products