ASTM E3087: Range Hood Efficiency Testing
Capturing airborne cooking contaminants before they mix with indoor air is critical to indoor air quality
Standard ASTM E3087
ASTM E3087 is the Standard Test Method for Measuring Capture Efficiency of Domestic Range Hoods. This standard was established for measuring the capture efficiency values or the percentage of contaminants that are captured, while cooking, and exhausted through household range hoods.
Intertek ASTM E3087 Solutions
Intertek offers testing to ASTM E3087, giving manufactures the performance evaluation they need to confirm their product is protecting consumers from contaminants and potentially harmful gases including formaldehyde and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons. This test method involves the introduction of a tracer gas- Carbon dioxide (CO2) over the top of a simulated range hood to measure the percentage of the CO2 that is captured at various speeds.
This data will also enable manufacturers to both measure existing ability to capture contaminants and determine critical blower set points in which a balance may be achieved of energy efficiency and the ability to capture the minimum quantity of contaminants.
Contact us to get ASTM E3087 testing today!
- Transitioning Products and Certification to UL 60335-2-89
- NSF 456 Vaccine Storage Fact Sheet
- Germicidal Efficacy Testing: Appliance Considerations
- Germicidal Products Webinar: Safety, Performance, and Efficacy
- IEC 62368-1 Standard Compliance Guide White Paper
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Household Dishwasher Test Method EN 50242:2016 Fact Sheet
- Gas Appliance Regulations: Guidance for Implementation of GAR vs. GAD White Paper
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Ceiling Fan Energy Efficiency: Compliance with DOE Rule 10 CFR Part 430
- NTA 8837 Regulation Fact Sheet
- G Marking For Low-Voltage Electrical Products in the Middle East White Paper
- Why Meeting Safety Standards can Still Result in Recalls
- Product Directories
- Public Notices & Product Safety Alerts
- Smart Grid Services
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program