Sanitation Testing & Certification
Secure the sanitation compliance and certification needs of foodservice and other commercial appliance products through Intertek’s successful suite of testing services.
When selling your foodservice, commercial kitchen, and other commercial appliance equipment products in North America, they must comply with applicable NSF sanitation standards, recognized by the American National Standards Institute (ANSI). As an ANSI-accredited certification body, we perform the range of sanitation testing and certification services for foodservice and commercial appliance equipment according to ANSI/NSF standards, offering quick, efficient, and cost-effective guidance to market.
The sanitation standards we test to include:
ETL Sanitation Mark
Once your tested commercial appliance products demonstrate compliance to the appropriate ANSI/NSF standards, we can issue the product our proprietary ETL Sanitation Mark, allowing it to be sold in the United States and Canada. The ETL Sanitation Mark indicates the equipment is fit for use in the production of food intended for human consumption and/or for use in an environment where food intended for human consumption is produced. It also denotes that the manufacturer's production site conforms to compliance measures and is subject to follow-up inspections to verify continued conformance.
Concurrent Sanitation and Safety Testing
To expedite your speed to market and increase efficiencies, you can submit products for both Sanitation and Electrical Safety (ETL Listed Mark) testing at the same time. By receiving both marks through one source, you achieve money and time savings, as for both testing and certification regimens only one sample is required and necessary follow-up inspections may be conducted in a single visit. In addition to ANSI/NSF standards, Intertek tests to ANSI/UL, CSA, ASTM, and other electrical standards.
We also do extensive sanitation testing for pools, spas, and recreational water products to ANSI/NSF 50.
- Transitioning Products and Certification to UL 60335-2-89
- NSF 456 Vaccine Storage Fact Sheet
- Germicidal Efficacy Testing: Appliance Considerations
- Germicidal Products Webinar: Safety, Performance, and Efficacy
- IEC 62368-1 Standard Compliance Guide White Paper
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Household Dishwasher Test Method EN 50242:2016 Fact Sheet
- Gas Appliance Regulations: Guidance for Implementation of GAR vs. GAD White Paper
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Ceiling Fan Energy Efficiency: Compliance with DOE Rule 10 CFR Part 430
- NTA 8837 Regulation Fact Sheet
- G Marking For Low-Voltage Electrical Products in the Middle East White Paper
- Why Meeting Safety Standards can Still Result in Recalls
- Product Directories
- Public Notices & Product Safety Alerts
- Smart Grid Services
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program