NSF 456 Vaccine Storage Testing
Temperature control requirements for vaccine storage equipment are generally more detailed and precise than those for traditional residential or commercial refrigerating units. Furthermore, vaccine providers and administrators face significant challenges as they navigate the selection of effective vaccine storage. Through collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), NSF International (NSF), equipment suppliers, and vaccine manufacturers, a national standard for construction and performance has been established.
NSF 456 defines the appropriate criteria for vaccine storage units, and ensures equipment is tested against a rigorous protocol for construction and performance. As an ANSI-accredited certification body, Intertek tests to NSF 456, and certifies qualifying equipment under our proprietary ETL Sanitation Mark.
DOWNLOAD OUR FACT SHEET TO LEARN MORE
Combine Safety, Sanitation, and Energy Efficiency Testing
Intertek issues the ETL Sanitation and ETL Listed Marks, which demonstrate compliance to required sanitation standards, and North American product safety standards, respectively. Moreover, Intertek offers ENERGY STAR® testing and certification as an EPA Recognized Certification Body. This gives manufacturers interested in receiving these Marks the option to group testing, saving time and money.
Need help or have a question?
- Transitioning Products and Certification to UL 60335-2-89
- NSF 456 Vaccine Storage Fact Sheet
- Germicidal Efficacy Testing: Appliance Considerations
- Germicidal Products Webinar: Safety, Performance, and Efficacy
- IEC 62368-1 Standard Compliance Guide White Paper
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Household Dishwasher Test Method EN 50242:2016 Fact Sheet
- Gas Appliance Regulations: Guidance for Implementation of GAR vs. GAD White Paper
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Ceiling Fan Energy Efficiency: Compliance with DOE Rule 10 CFR Part 430
- NTA 8837 Regulation Fact Sheet
- G Marking For Low-Voltage Electrical Products in the Middle East White Paper
- Why Meeting Safety Standards can Still Result in Recalls
- Product Directories
- Public Notices & Product Safety Alerts
- Smart Grid Services
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program