PVoC (Pre-Export Verification of Conformity) for Exports to Kenya
To assure Kenyan consumers of the safety and quality of the imported goods they buy, and to protect Kenyan manufacturers from unfair competition, the Kenya Bureau of Standards (KEBS), a statutory organisation of the government of Kenya, has implemented guidelines called the Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVoC) to Standards Programme for exports to Kenya.
In February 2018, Intertek was awarded a further contract by KEBS to operate the PVoC programme on KEBS behalf in regions such as parts of Europe including the United Kingdom and parts of Europe, China Region including Hong Kong and Taiwan, India Subcontinent including India, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Pakistan, Far East Asia countries, Australasia, The Americas, Southern Africa,Western Central Africa, UAE and the Middle East and Maghreb Countries. Download the full list of Intertek's Zones of Responsibility.
Previously on 1st December 2015 KEBS further expanded the regulated product list to include all products except those exempted below:
- Goods already regulated by other government agencies such as the Pharmacy and Poisons Board (PPB), Kenya Plant Health Inspectorate (KEPHIS), Pest Control and Products Board (PCPB).
- CKD for vehicles imported by registered manufacturers
- Primary inputs imported by registered manufacturers subject to proof that the materials are direct inputs to the manufacturing process and the finished products made out of the said raw materials are certified by KEBS.
- Manufacturing plants and industrial spares for own use imported by registered manufacturers.
- Printed matter (textbook, magazines)
- Products certified by KEBS under the Diamond Mark Scheme
- Courier shipments through JKIA (Airport) which are currently cleared under the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) between KEBS and Courier Industry Association of Kenya (CIAK).
Need help or have a question?