Intertek supports exporters to Mozambique with Conformity Assessment and Certification for the Mozambique CAP
Exporters/Importers trading with Mozambique need to comply with the requirements of the Government of the Republic of Mozambique, Conformity Assessment Programme (CAP) in order for their goods to clear customs. Failure to do so can result in severe delays in goods clearance, penalties or even shipments being returned.
The Mozambique CAP was implemented by the Government of the Republic of Mozambique, represented by the National Institute of Standards and Quality (INNOQ,IP), to assure Mozambican consumers of the quality and safety of imported goods and to facilitate trade. ‘Regulated Products’ within the programme require a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) which verifies, in the respective exporting countries, the compliance with Mozambican technical regulations and mandatory standards or approved Regional or International Standards.
The requirements for CAP include:
- Every consignment of imported goods which contains regulated products must be accompanied by a CoC which can only be issued by Intertek and must take place prior to shipment.
- A Circular will shortly be issued by the Mozambican Revenue Authority, which will enforce the requirement that a CoC is obligatory for customs clearance purposes, as per the Ministerial Diploma Number 98/2023 of the 14th July.
- The CoC Certificate confirms that the products comply with the relevant Mozambique technical regulations and approved standards.
Intertek having been awarded the contract by the Mozambique Ministry of Industry and Commerce is the only Certification Body approved to issue Certificates of Conformity for the Mozambique programme.
The Mozambique CAP aims to ensure imported products meet safety standards, promote Mozambican standardization, prevent delays and consignment rejections at ports, and streamline customs procedures for fair competition and fraud prevention.
Find answers to all your questions in hte Mozambique FAP Programme FAQ.
- Advice on Trading with Mozambique
- Mozambique Exporter and Importer Guidelines
- Mozambique Exporter and Importer Guidelines Portuguese
- Mozambique CAP Communique (English)Nov 2023.pdf
- Mozambique CAP Communique (Portuguese)Nov23.pdf
- Mozambique Programme Summary Datasheet (English).pdf
- INNOQ, IP Communication Link
- Mozambique CAP Phase I List of Products Subject to CAP (excel).
- Moçambique PAC Lista De Produtos Sujeitos AO PAC Na Primeira Fase (excel)
- Mozambique CAP - Frequently Asked Questions (Portuguese and English)
- Mozambique CAP Standards Matrix
- Mozambique CAP Intertek Offices Contact Details
- CAP Decree March 2022 Official Translation
- Regulated Product List - Mozambique Decree - English.pdf
- Regulated Product List - Mozambique Decree_Portuguese
- Ministerial Diploma – CAP Fees.pdf
- Ministerial Diploma – CAP Fees (Portuguese).pdf
- Request for Certificate of Conformity-English
- Request for Certificate of Conformity-Portuguese
- Request for Certificate of Conformity-Japanese
- Request for Certificate of Conformity-Simplified Chinese
- Request for Certificate of Conformity-Traditional Chinese
- Request for Certificate of Conformity-French
- Request for Product Certificate, Registration, Licence--English
- Request for Product Certificate, Registration, Licence-Portuguese
- Request for Product Certificate, Registration, Licence--Simplified Chinese.pdf
- Request for Product Certificate, Registration, Licence--Traditional Chinese
- Request for Product Certificate, Registration, Licence--French
- Mozambique CAP Summary Datasheet-English.pdf