Certificate of Conformity for Exports to Iraq
Pre-Inspection, Testing and Issuing of Certificates of Conformity Programme of Goods Imported into Iraq
From the 1st January 2020, Exporters/Importers trading with Iraq need to comply with the requirements of Pre-Inspection, Testing and Issuing of Certificates of Conformity Programme of Goods Imported into Iraq which mandates that shipments require a Certificate of Conformity in order to clear customs. Failure to do so can result in severe delays in goods clearance, penalties, or even shipments being returned.
The Conformity Assessment Programme (CAP) verifies the conformity of all Regulated Products which include but not limited to: Food, Toys, Electrical and Electronic Appliances, Vehicle Spare Parts, Vehicle Tyres, Chemicals, Cosmetics and Perfumery Products, Tobacco Products, Construction and Building Materials, Kitchenware, Stationery, Baby Care Items, Textile products and Lubricants in the respective Country of Supply.
The CAP focuses primarily on safety and quality standards giving Iraqi consumers the assurance they need in the quality and safety of goods being imported and helping to protect their environment.
The requirements for Iraq are:
- Every consignment of imported goods which contains Regulated Products must be accompanied by a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issued by the responsible local Intertek Country Office in the Exporter’s region prior to shipment. Contact the nearest responsible nearest Intertek office.
- The Certificate of Conformity is required to ensure smooth Customs clearance of shipments at Iraqi Ports and Borders.
- The Certificate of Conformity verifies that the regulated products comply with the relevant Iraqi Technical Regulations and approved standards.
- Every consignment of certified products on its arrival at Iraqi Ports and Borders will be subjected to Destination Inspections by Iraq based Intertek authorised Office.
- The authorities in Iraq will undertake random Shipment Surveillance on imported consignments to verify product compliance.
To apply for a Certificate of Conformity, you will need to supply Intertek with:
- Completed Request for Certification (RfC) Form
- A copy of Proforma Invoice, if available
- Product Data Sheet and/or products’ description
- Information concerning production (e.g. Lot Number, Production Date / Expiry Date, etc.)
- Evidence of Compliance such as Test Reports, Halal Certificates, Health and Phytosanitary Certificates, Free-sale Certificates, etc.
- Transport Document (Bill of Lading/Air Way Bill/CMR), if available
- Letter of Credit (L/C), if available
- Country of Origin certificate
For Exporters having regular shipments of the same product to Iraq, it would be beneficial to also apply for Registration.
Intertek has been appointed by the Central Organization for Standardization and Quality Control (COSQC) as a Certification Body authorised to issue Certificates of Conformity (CoC) for regulated product consignments exported to Iraq.
International Trade Conformity Certification
Access our comprehensive guide to International Trade Conformity Certification now
Need help or have a question?
Iraq Programme UpdateIntertek is pleased to confirm the continued issuing of Certificates of Conformity for shipments exported to Iraq until March 1st, 2023. COSQC will officially announce the companies allowed to issue Certificates of Conformity for shipments exported to Iraq after March 1st 2023, and Intertek will be pleased to confirm that decision, to keep supporting and adding value to the global trade.
Iraq CAP Exporter and Importer Guidelines
Iraq Intertek Offices Contact Details
Iraq Request for Certification - English
Iraq Request for Certification - French
Iraq Request for Certification - Portuguese
Iraq Request for Certification - Turkish
Iraq Request for Certification - Simplified Chinese
Iraq Request for Certification - Traditional Chinese
Iraq Request for Product Certificate, Registration and Licence - English
Iraq Request for Product Certificate, Registration and Licence - French
Iraq Request for Product Certificate, Registration and Licence - Turkish
Iraq Request for Product Certificate, Registration and License - Simplified Chinese
Iraq Request for Product Certificate, Registration and License - Traditional Chinese