Certificate of Conformity for Exports to Cameroon
Programme d’Evaluation de la Conformité Avant Embarquement (PECAE) for Exports to Cameroon
Exporters/Importers trading with Cameroon need to comply with the requirements of the Cameroon government's office, the Agence des Normes et de la Qualite (ANOR), Conformity Assessment Programme called PECAE in order for their goods to clear customs. Failure to do so can result in severe delays in goods clearance, penalties, or even shipments being returned.
The Conformity Assessment programme verifies the conformity of products on the regulated product list which includes; health and beauty products, all processed and non-processed food products, construction materials, refined petroleum products, gas cylinders and paper products in the respective exporting countries.
Intertek has been awarded a mandate by ANOR as one of the service providers to carry out this Verification of Conformity. The programme has been put in place to work towards protecting Cameroon’s citizens from the import of substandard and counterfeit products and assure them of the quality of products within the local market.
This programme will be mandatory for all goods shipped to Cameroon after 31st August 2016.
The requirements for Cameroon are:
- For every consignment of regulated goods, exporters are required to obtain the Attestation of Conformity (AoC)
- The AoC can only be obtained by an approved inspection body such as Intertek.
- The Aoc is submitted to ANOR who will issue the Certificate of Conformity (CoC)
- The CoC is required for customs clearance and this will be compulsory
- Any shipments, with a B/L date or AWB dated after the 31st August 2016, arriving in Cameroon without the Certificate of Conformity will be rejected and penalties applied.
The Certificate confirms that the products comply with the relevant Cameroon technical regulations, national, regional or international standards.
For over 20 years Intertek has been supporting exporters and importers meet the requirements of Conformity Assessment Programmes with rapid and excellent certification, inspection and testing services .
Need help or have a question?
- +44 1277 223400
- Asia Pacific:
- +852 2310 9923
- +1 305 513 3000