Certificate of Inspection for Exports of Food to Egypt
NFSA Consignment Certification Programme for export of food consignments to Egypt
Exporters/Importers trading in Food and Food Contact Material Products with the Arab Republic of Egypt need to comply with the requirements of the National Food Safety Authority (NFSA) in order to clear their Consignments by NFSA Officials on its arrival at the Egyptian Ports/Borders.
NFSA has introduced a Food Consignment Certification Programme requiring food product consignments be verified for conformity to Egyptian Standard requirements by a Conformity Assessment Body (CAB) such as Intertek and issued with a Certificate of Inspection (CoI). From 1st December 2020 regulated consignments issued with a CoI will benefit from a substantial reduction in destination inspection and intervention by the NFSA Officials on arrival thereby enabling fast track Customs clearance.
Previously regulated food products and food contact materials were under the control of General Organization for Export and Import Control (GOEIC) which will now be under the administration of NFSA and need to comply with the NFSA certification programme and not be processed through the GOEIC CoI programme.
Intertek is a registered CAB with NFSA and is authorized to certify regulated food products and food contact materials supplied from specified Countries of Supply.
Regulated products under the NFSA certification programme which are subject to reduced inspections at destination include:
- Meat and its products
- Milk and dairy products
- Poultry and its products
- Fish and aquatic products
- All kinds of eggs
- Fresh Fruits and Vegetables
- Processed Fruits and Vegetables
- Nuts, Cereals and their products
- Seeds and Legumes
- Baby food products
- Breakfast Cereal
- Mixed foods
- Beverages and beverages mixes
- Fruit juice, Energy drinks, alcoholic, carbonated and non-carbonated Drinks
- Non-fruit drinks and malt drinks
- Condiment and mixed condiment
- Herbs and Spices
- Bottled drinking water, Mineral water
- Sugar products
- Edible fats and oils
- Substitutes for fats and their various mixtures
- Food Flavours and Flavour Enhancers
- Food additives Ketchup, Mayonnaise, Sauces Preparations, Vinegar, and Vinegar substitutes, baking powder, Yeast, Special ingredients
- Chocolate and cocoa-containing products
- Tea and coffee
- Fruit concentrates, nectars and juices
- Pastries, Biscuits, Cakes, Snacks, Energy Bar
- Special Nutritional Food and Nutritional Supplements
- Baked goods
- Ready-to-eat food products and packaged food
- Instant food mixes and ready-to-cook foodstuffs
- Food Contact Materials
Consignments of regulated products may be subject to inspection and testing prior to issuance of a CoI.
Need help or have a question?