Intertek provides inspection and certification services for Exporters shipping their products to Ghana, as per the Ghana Standard Authority (GSA)
Intertek has been appointed by the Ghana Standards Authority (GSA) to provide verification and testing services to exporters worldwide, delivering Certificates of Conformity (CoC) for products meeting Ghana EasyPASS Programme requirements.
Under the EasyPASS Programme, shipments to Ghana will require testing and inspection to the Ghanaian standards or applicable equivalent International standards in order to obtain a CoC from an Approved Body such as Intertek. The CoC is a compulsory requirement to obtain Customs clearance of goods into Ghana. The EasyPASS Programme verifies the conformity of Products in addition to any existing import processes.
Exporters shipping to Ghana any products within the categories listed below, from any Country of Origin, will require a Certificate of Conformity for Customs clearance, those consignments arriving without the CoC will result in severe delays in goods clearance, penalties, or even shipments being returned.
Products covered under the EasyPASS Programme include the following:
- Toys, games, and sports equipment
- Electrical and electronic products
- Chemical products (except household chemical substances)
- Mechanical and gas appliances
- Pulp of wood, paper, and paperboard
- Furniture (wood and metal base articles)
- Construction materials
- Fuel and Petroleum Products
- Textile, textile articles and leatherware including African prints
- Glass and glassware products
- Second-hand or used products
Exporters who are shipping products which are outside these categories are allowed to apply for a CoC voluntarily.
Remote Inspection with Inview
Minimise disruption to your trade business with our Inview remote inspection solution.