Kuwait Conformity Assurance Scheme (KUCAS) for Exports to Kuwait
The Public Authority for Industry of the State of Kuwait (PAI) implemented specific guidelines to verify the conformity of all 'Regulated Products' that are exported to Kuwait.' These guidelines are diligently enforced, and form the Kuwait Conformity Assurance Scheme (KUCAS). Exports to Kuwait of these products 'Regulated Products' require a Technical Evaluation Report (TER) and a Technical Inspection Report (TIR) to clear customs.
The KUCAS scheme consists of a group of procedures carried out by PAI to verify the conformity of all ‘Regulated Products’ to Kuwait’s Technical Regulations on imported and domestic products alike in accordance with the regulations of this scheme.
The scheme in brief:
- All consignments of imported goods that contain regulated products must be accompanied by a Technical Inspection Report (TIR) and a Technical Evaluation Report (TER). Intertek is the leading approved Certification/Inspection Body (CIB) which offers this service to exporters.
- The TIR and TER are required to ensure smooth customs clearance of shipments in Kuwait.
- The TER confirms that the products comply with the relevant Kuwait technical regulations and approved international/regional/national standards. The TIR confirms that the goods comply Kuwaiti importation regulations.
- The authorities in Kuwait may take random samples from imported consignments to verify compliance.
Intertek has experience in providing solutions to businesses exporting a wide range of products to Kuwait. We have undertaken more assessments of more products for longer than any other organisation.
Intertek has supported the KUCAS programme since its inception, and our staff are experts on Kuwaiti standards and requirements, and understand the needs of exporters and importers.
Intertek has one of the world's largest networks of laboratories authorised to test to Kuwait's requirements.
The Intertek Technical Inspection Report (TIR) is recognised and trusted by the Public Authority for Industry (PAI) and by Kuwait Customers.
For assistance in exporting to Kuwait, please contact your local Intertek office. For further information on the scheme and downloads of essential documentation, please visit http://www.exportstokuwait.com/
- Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in France
- Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in Italy
- Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in Spain
- Government Services - Terms and Conditions
- Governments and Institutions A to Z
- Exporting to the Middle East
- Gulf Mark (“G” Mark) for Products Imported in the Middle East
Need help or have a question?
- +44 1277 223400
- Asia Pacific:
- +852 2310 9923
- +1 305 513 3000