Saudi Product Safety Programme SALEEM SABER
Exporting to Saudi Arabia? meet the requirements of the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organisation (SASO) the Saudi Product Safety Programme (SALEEM) and SABER.
SASO has published a list of Technical Regulations covering various products such as Lube Oils, Detergents, Building Materials and Construction Products, Paints, Lifts, Vehicle Spare Parts, Textiles etc.
The products covered by the Technical Regulations are referred to as Regulated Products. The Conformity Assessment Process for the Regulated Products is a two stage process:
Stage 1: Issuance of Product Certification of Conformity (PCoC).
The PCoC is issued for every regulated product as per the applicable product standards defined in relevant Technical Regulation. The PCoC is valid for a period of one (1) year. In order to facilitate the products registration on SABER, our office in KSA is ready to assist the importers to register their products on their behalf.
- Request for Product Certificate of Conformity (PCoC) by Importer.
- Entry of Product Details in the system based on KSA Customs Tariff Code.
- Selecting of Certification Bodies (CBs) such as Intertek.
- Payment of PCoC Fees.
- Conformity Assessment and entry of substantiating Documents/Verification Results by Intertek.
- Issuance of PCoC from the system.
Stage 2: Issuance of Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC).
Every regulated product included in the shipment will be verified whether valid PCoC exists for that product and if found to be true will be issued with the SCoC. The SCoC is valid for that specific shipment only.
- Request for Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC) by Importer.
- Payment of SCoC Fees.
- Verification and confirmation of valid PCoC for the product by Intertek.
- Issuance of SCoC from the system
Importers have to register online on the SABER platform to obtain PCoC and SCoC. Intertek is accredited for most of the Technical Regulations in all the five regions and Importers can select one of Intertek’s five (5) Accreditation Offices to facilitate Conformity Assessment and Certificate issuance. Our expert team has the required technical competencies to provide full support in this regard.
Click to View: SABER Application - Details Required for Entry into SABER
Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity and other services:
- Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in France
- Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in Italy
- Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in Spain
- Certificates of Conformity and Pre-Shipment Inspection Services for Exporters in North America
- Government and Trade Services - Terms and Conditions
- Governments and Trade Services A to Z
- Exporting to the Middle East
- Saudi Arabia Petroleum and Chemical Testing
Need help or have a question?