Saudi Product Safety Programme SALEEM SABER
Exporting to Saudi Arabia? meet the requirements of the Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organisation (SASO) the Saudi Product Safety Programme (SALEEM) and SABER.
SASO has published a list of Technical Regulations covering various products such as Lube Oils, Detergents, Building Materials and Construction Products, Paints, Lifts, Vehicle Spare Parts, Textiles etc.
The products covered by the Technical Regulations are referred to as Regulated Products. The Conformity Assessment Process for the Regulated Products is a two stage process:
Stage 1: Issuance of Product Certification of Conformity (PCoC).
The PCoC is issued for every regulated product as per the applicable product standards defined in relevant Technical Regulation. The PCoC is valid for a period of one (1) year. In order to facilitate the products registration on SABER, our office in KSA is ready to assist the importers to register their products on their behalf.
- Request for Product Certificate of Conformity (PCoC) by Importer.
- Entry of Product Details in the system based on KSA Customs Tariff Code.
- Selecting of Certification Bodies (CBs) such as Intertek.
- Payment of PCoC Fees.
- Conformity Assessment and entry of substantiating Documents/Verification Results by Intertek.
- Issuance of PCoC from the system.
Stage 2: Issuance of Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC).
Every regulated product included in the shipment will be verified whether valid PCoC exists for that product and if found to be true will be issued with the SCoC. The SCoC is valid for that specific shipment only.
- Request for Shipment Certificate of Conformity (SCoC) by Importer.
- Payment of SCoC Fees.
- Verification and confirmation of valid PCoC for the product by Intertek.
- Issuance of SCoC from the system
Importers have to register online on the SABER platform to obtain PCoC and SCoC. Intertek is accredited for most of the Technical Regulations in all the five regions and Importers can select one of Intertek’s five (5) Accreditation Offices to facilitate Conformity Assessment and Certificate issuance. Our expert team has the required technical competencies to provide full support in this regard.
CoC Requirements for Export of Cosmetics and Perfumes to Saudi Arabia
CoC and Marking Requirements for Exports of Electricals to Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia Quality Mark - SASO
Click to View: SABER Application - Details Required for Entry into SABER
Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity and other services:
- Certification Services for Importers in Saudi Arabia
- Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in France
- Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in Italy
- Saudi Arabia Certificate of Conformity Services for Exporters in Spain
- Certificates of Conformity and Pre-Shipment Inspection Services for Exporters in North America
- Government and Trade Services - Terms and Conditions
- Governments and Trade Services A to Z
- Exporting to the Middle East
- Saudi Arabia Petroleum and Chemical Testing
Exporting Cosmetics and Perfumes to Saudi Arabia?
Access our short 15-minutes On-Demand webinar on the new SFDA FASEH Portal for exports of cosmetics and perfumes as of 3rd October. Learn more.
Need help or have a question?
Exporting to Saudi Arabia
Label and marking of products is required in Arabic, please click here to download our useful guides on Arabic marking for Electricals, Textiles and Garments, Tiles and Sanitary ware, Toys.
International Trade Conformity Certification
Access our comprehensive guide to International Trade Conformity Certification now
- Saudi Arabia Intertek Offices Contact Details
- Advice on SALEEM Programme for Saudi Arabia
- Advice on Saudi Quality Mark (SQM)
- Saudi Arabia Request for SPSP Certification Form
- Circular on Country of Origin Marking
- Updated Energy Efficiency Standards for Low-Capacity Air Conditioners and Street Lighting
- Update on Product Images for upload to SABER
- Enforcement timelines of recently published Technical Regulations
- Important Regulatory Update for Exports of some Electrical Appliances
- SASO RoHS Update for Electricals
- Update on mandatory requirement of Product Images and validity of S-CoCs in SABER
- Intertek Accredited by SASO for their Used Vehicle Conformity Programme
- Mandatory Requirement for Importer Declaration Form
- Further Update Energy Efficiency Standard for Low-Capacity Air Conditioners
- Updated Energy Efficiency Standard SASO 2663/2021 version for Low Capacity Air Conditioners
- Enforcement of newly published Technical Regulation for Paper and Cardboard
- SASO IECEE/IECEx Recognition Certificate (SIRC) update
- Update on Banned, Restricted and Approved Refrigerants
- Enforcement of newly published Technical Regulations from 9th January 2022
Click here to see Regulatory Updates for the Saudi Arabia programme
Check the status of your current files by clicking here www.astraportal.com