Emirates Conformity Assessment Scheme (ECAS) for Cosmetics and Perfumery Products
UAE Market Access for Cosmetics and Perfumes through ECAS and Emirates Quality Mark (EQM)
Exporters/Importers trading in Cosmetics, Perfumery and Personal Care products with the United Arab Emirates need to comply with the requirements of the UAE Emirates Conformity Assessment Scheme (ECAS) in order for their goods to clear UAE Customs and for placing the products in the UAE Marketplace
The ECAS prescribes requirements for quality and safety for regulated products including Cosmetics, Perfumery and Personal Care Products designated for consumer use. The ECAS certificate is proof that the product has been approved by the UAE Federal Government through ESMA.
All Cosmetics, Perfumery and Personal Care Products placed in the UAE market should be in conformity with the ECAS requirements.
- ECAS Certificates of Conformity (CoC) issued by approved Notified Bodies such as Intertek are mandatory for its Customs clearance and for placing in the products in the UAE market place.
- The Certificate confirms that the products comply with the relevant UAE technical regulations.
- The Certificate is valid for one year and needs to be renewed on an annual basis.
- For importers, any shipments of regulated products arriving without the Certificate of Conformity will be rejected causing severe delays in goods clearance, penalties or even shipments being returned and products withdrawn from market.
- All certified products shall bear the ECAS Mark of conformity.
Emirates Quality Mark (EQM)
To increase UAE consumer confidence in their products which are placed on the market,exporters/importers trading Cosmetics, Perfumery and Personal Care products with the UAE can apply for an EQM License, this involves a comprehensive evaluatESMAion of the product and the quality system used by the manufacturer in production through auditing, testing and inspection.
The EQM is a mark of conformity which demonstrates the products compliance with the relevant UAE technical regulations and standards, regional and/or international standards and are manufactured by an organisation who have demonstrated the implementation of an effective Quality Management System to ensure continuous compliance.
- The EQM can be printed on certified products to give consumers assurance that the product is compliant and approved by ESMA.
- The EQM Licence can be used to clear shipments with Customs instead of the ECAS CoC
The Intertek Solution: helping you meet the requirements of ECAS and EQM:
- Intertek is a global leader in Cosmetics Total Quality Assurance
- We are a Notified Body by the ESMA authorised to issue the mandatory Certificate of Conformity for ECAS and EQM Licence
- Intertek has one of the world’s largest networks of laboratories, authorised to test to UAE requirements for cosmetics, perfumery and personal care products.
Our staff are experts on global Cosmetics and Perfumery regulations and standards
Need help or have a question?
- +44 1277 223400
- Asia Pacific:
- +852 2310 9923
- +1 305 513 3000