Update on Banned, Restricted and Approved Refrigerants
Banned, Restricted and Approved Refrigerants for Exports to Saudi Arabia
Intertek has been informed by SASO about the list of banned, restricted and approved refrigerants issued by the National Center for Environmental Compliance in the KSA for use in Air conditioners, Refrigerators, Chillers and similar Electrical appliances.
The list can be accessed here.
Exporters are requested to ensure that the type of refrigerant used in their Electrical Appliances exported to KSA is amongst the list of “Approved” refrigerants prior to sending a request to Intertek for the issuance of Product Certificates of Conformity (P-CoCs) and Shipment Certificates of Conformity (S-CoCs). Additional technical support can be provided by contacting your local Intertek GTS office.
Intertek can provide its expert services to Clients for obtaining the relevant Saudi Product Safety Programme (SPSP) Certification. Intertek is a SASO approved Conformity Assessment Body for operating the new Programme for most of the Technical Regulations in the five regions.
Our Intertek team is here to help you and your organisation to understand and apply this important and latest market access regulation in Saudi Arabia.
Need help or have a question?
- Saudi Arabia Intertek Offices Contact Details
- Advice on SALEEM Programme for Saudi Arabia
- Advice on Saudi Quality Mark (SQM)
- Saudi Arabia Request for SPSP Certification Form
- Circular on Country of Origin Marking
- Updated Energy Efficiency Standards for Low-Capacity Air Conditioners and Street Lighting
- Update on Product Images for upload to SABER
- Enforcement timelines of recently published Technical Regulations
- Important Regulatory Update for Exports of some Electrical Appliances
- SASO RoHS Update for Electricals
- Update on mandatory requirement of Product Images and validity of S-CoCs in SABER
- Intertek Accredited by SASO for their Used Vehicle Conformity Programme
- Mandatory Requirement for Importer Declaration Form
- Further Update Energy Efficiency Standard for Low-Capacity Air Conditioners
- Updated Energy Efficiency Standard SASO 2663/2021 version for Low Capacity Air Conditioners
- Enforcement of newly published Technical Regulation for Paper and Cardboard
- SASO IECEE/IECEx Recognition Certificate (SIRC) update
- Update on Banned, Restricted and Approved Refrigerants
- Enforcement of newly published Technical Regulations from 9th January 2022
Click here to see Regulatory Updates for the Saudi Arabia programme
Check the status of your current files by clicking here www.astraportal.com