Pre-Export Inspection for Used Vehicles to Mauritius
Inspection Certificate for Used Vehicles Exported to Mauritius
Intertek has been appointed by the Government of Mauritius for their Pre-Export Inspection programme for used vehicles being exported to Mauritius.
The programme requires that imports of all used motor vehicles must be accompanied by an inspection certificate issued by an approved inspection body such as Intertek.
The inspection has a number of requirements including:
- The vehicle must be in a roadworthy and useable condition and will be subject to a vehicle condition survey including not having been subject to flood or other water damage and must be right hand drive.
- Bull bars are prohibited.
- The vehicle is inspected no earlier than 2 months prior to shipment.
- Proof of ownership will be required to show the vehicle is not stolen
Where the vehicle is imported from Japan, the auction grade of that vehicle is required.
Specified age requirements from the date of first registration:
- Motor Cars: must be more than 18 months old and less than 4 years
- Dual purpose vehicles: must be more than 18 months old and less than 3 years
- Goods vehicles: No more than 6 years old
- Vans: No more than 4 years old
- Motor buses: No more than 3 years old
All used vehicles must meet the requirements of the Pre-Export Inspection programme and obtain the Inspection Certificate to enable Customs clearance
Need help or have a question?
PODCAST: Supply Chain Management in International Trade
International Trade Verification and Inspection Services
Tradeable: Donor Organisation Services
Tradeable: Export/Import Services
Tradeable: Production Services
Conformity Certification for Exports of Solar PV to Pakistan
Exporting Used Machinery to India? (801 KB PDF)
Bangladesh Q and Q Exporter Guidelines
ETrust Global Corporate Certification