Conformity Certification for Exports to Bangladesh
Conformity Certification of Testing to Bangladesh Standards for Imports
The Government of the People’s Republic of Bangladesh, through the Ministry of Commerce has issued an order regulating the import of regulated products to maintain quality as per Bangladeshi Standards of products entering in Bangladesh market.
- Bangladesh Gazette Notification S.R.O NO. 28-Ain/2016 Dated 10/02/2016 was published under the power of Section 3(1) of Import and Exports (Control) Act, 1950.
- Regulated shipments must be tested in an accredited laboratory and the test reports must be in compliance with the applicable Bangladesh standards (BDS).
- A Certificate of Conformity confirms this compliance and expedites Customs clearance.
- Intertek can issue the Certificates of Conformity.
Regulated Products include, but are not limited to:
- Ceramics and Sanitary Ware
- Health and Beauty Products
- Foods items including milk powder
- Switches and Plugs
- Construction materials
Regulated Products not accompanied by a Certificate of Conformity may be subject to post landing examination and testing resulting in a delay in clearance.
Need help or have a question?