SASO RoHS Update for Electricals for Saudi Arabia
Exporting/Importing Electrical and Electronic Products to Saudi Arabia - Update on SASO RoHS requirements
Further to our previous announcements regarding the enforcement of RoHS requirements for the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia (KSA), SASO recently published an update concerning the SASO RoHS Technical Regulation (TR No. MA 179-21-09-01) in the Saudi Gazette. The context of this amendment to the SASO RoHS Technical Regulation is outlined below:
- Certain control and monitoring equipment have been included in the scope of excluded products. Annex 1B of the amended SASO RoHS Technical Regulation lists the excluded control and monitoring equipment.
- Applicants (Manufacturers and/or their Legal representatives in the KSA) need only provide a Supplier’s Declaration of Conformity (S-DoC) declaring that their products comply with the requirements of the SASO RoHS Technical Regulation in lieu of RoHS Test Reports or product certification. Other type of Applicants who cannot provide such a declaration from Manufacturers and/or from their Legal representatives in the KSA shall provide valid RoHS Test Reports during conformity assessment of the products.
Intertek's experts can provide further guidance to customers so as to ensure that the electrical and electronic products covered in the scope of the SASO RoHS Technical Regulation and to be placed onto the market of the KSA, comply with the mandated requirements.
Need help or have a question?
- Saudi Arabia Intertek Offices Contact Details
- Advice on SALEEM Programme for Saudi Arabia
- Advice on Saudi Quality Mark (SQM)
- Saudi Arabia Request for SPSP Certification Form
- Circular on Country of Origin Marking
- Updated Energy Efficiency Standards for Low-Capacity Air Conditioners and Street Lighting
- Update on Product Images for upload to SABER
- Enforcement timelines of recently published Technical Regulations
- Important Regulatory Update for Exports of some Electrical Appliances
- SASO RoHS Update for Electricals
- Update on mandatory requirement of Product Images and validity of S-CoCs in SABER
- Intertek Accredited by SASO for their Used Vehicle Conformity Programme
- Mandatory Requirement for Importer Declaration Form
- Further Update Energy Efficiency Standard for Low-Capacity Air Conditioners
- Updated Energy Efficiency Standard SASO 2663/2021 version for Low Capacity Air Conditioners
- Enforcement of newly published Technical Regulation for Paper and Cardboard
- SASO IECEE/IECEx Recognition Certificate (SIRC) update
- Update on Banned, Restricted and Approved Refrigerants
- Enforcement of newly published Technical Regulations from 9th January 2022
Click here to see Regulatory Updates for the Saudi Arabia programme
Check the status of your current files by clicking here www.astraportal.com