Exporting/Importing to Saudi Arabia – Certification of Portable Laser Pointers
Regulatory Update on Ban of Portable Laser Pointers
Manufacturers and Exporters of portable laser products to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia are hereby advised of the following requirements concerning their Certification:
- Applicable KSA Customs Tariff Code: 901320100000
- Applicable Technical Regulations: Low Voltage Electrical Equipment and Appliances (non G-mark).
- Applicable Standard: IEC 60825-1:2014 - Safety of laser products - Part 1: Equipment classification and requirements
- Power requirements: Not exceeding 5 milliwatts
- Permitted Colours: Yellow and Red colours only
The export of portable laser pointers to the KSA is currently prohibited and Saudi authorities are expected to remove the ban from 1st April 2023 onwards. Once the ban is lifted, the KSA Customs Tariff code 901320100000 will be available in the SABER Platform for Applicants to send the Certification requests to Intertek.
Need help or have a question?