Updated Energy Efficiency Standard for Low-Capacity Air Conditioners
Exporting/Importing to Saudi Arabia – Updated Energy Efficiency Standard for Low-Capacity Air Conditioners
Manufacturers and Exporters are hereby reminded of the enforcement date of 1st April 2022 for the updated Saud Standard SASO 2663/2021 for Minimum Energy Performance Labelling and Testing requirements for Low-capacity Window and Split-type Air Conditioners.
Manufacturers and Exporters of Inverter type Air conditioner models are reminded to conduct the additional test requirements and update their existing valid EER Certificate/Label to the SASO 2663/2021 version before 1st April 2022. Failing to do so will result in the automatic calculation of SEER by considering all such models as fixed-speed models. This may result in a significantly lower SEER rating level than the actual rating level. Furthermore, Manufacturers and Exporters will not be able to renew or upgrade existing registered Inverter type Air conditioner models after 1st April 2022 and instead will have to submit a fresh application in SASO's SLS portal with a new model number to request for the SEER Certificate/Label.
Intertek's experts can provide guidance to customers to ensure they fully understand the requirements of SASO 2663/2021 version and register/update their models in SASO’s SLS portal to obtain the SEER Certificate/Label.
Need help or have a question?
- Saudi Arabia Intertek Offices Contact Details
- Advice on SALEEM Programme for Saudi Arabia
- Advice on Saudi Quality Mark (SQM)
- Saudi Arabia Request for SPSP Certification Form
- Circular on Country of Origin Marking
- Updated Energy Efficiency Standards for Low-Capacity Air Conditioners and Street Lighting
- Update on Product Images for upload to SABER
- Enforcement timelines of recently published Technical Regulations
- Important Regulatory Update for Exports of some Electrical Appliances
- SASO RoHS Update for Electricals
- Update on mandatory requirement of Product Images and validity of S-CoCs in SABER
- Intertek Accredited by SASO for their Used Vehicle Conformity Programme
- Mandatory Requirement for Importer Declaration Form
- Further Update Energy Efficiency Standard for Low-Capacity Air Conditioners
- Updated Energy Efficiency Standard SASO 2663/2021 version for Low Capacity Air Conditioners
- Enforcement of newly published Technical Regulation for Paper and Cardboard
- SASO IECEE/IECEx Recognition Certificate (SIRC) update
- Update on Banned, Restricted and Approved Refrigerants
- Enforcement of newly published Technical Regulations from 9th January 2022
Click here to see Regulatory Updates for the Saudi Arabia programme
Check the status of your current files by clicking here www.astraportal.com