06 Nov 2012
UNBS is responsible for the adoption and application of the standards for both imported and domestically manufactured products in the Ugandan market
The PVoC Standards Programme is a conformity assessment and verification procedure applied to specific Goods/Products in the respective exporting countries, to ensure their compliance with the applicable Ugandan Technical Regulations and Mandatory Standards or approved equivalents.
The primary objective of applying Pre-Export Verification of Conformity (PVoC) to Standards Programme is:
- Ensure quality of products, health and safety
- Protect the environment for Ugandans
- Meet the requirements of the PVoC
All consignments subject to PVoC must obtain a Certificate of Conformity (CoC) issued by an authorized PVoC Agent, such as Intertek, prior to shipment. The CoC is a mandatory document for Customs Clearance in Uganda; consignments arriving at Ugandan Ports without this document will be denied entry into the country.
- The key elements undertaken in the PVoC are:
- Physical inspection prior to shipment
- Sampling, testing, and analysis in accredited laboratories
- Quality Audit of production processes
- Documentary review of conformity with regulations
- Issuance of Certificate of Conformity (CoC) or Non-Conformity Report (NCR) as appropriate.