Updated Energy Efficiency Standard SASO 2663/2021 version for Low Capacity Air Conditioners
03 Sep 2021
Saudi Standard SASO 2663/2021
In continuation with the move of rationalizing energy consumption in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, SASO has published a new version of the standard SASO 2663/2021 related to Minimum Energy, Performance, Labelling, and Testing requirements for Low-Capacity Window and Split-type Air Conditioners.
The timeline for the enforcement of the updated Saudi Standard SASO 2663/2021 is shown below:
- 1st January 2022 – Acceptance of EER Application on Saudi Label and Standard (SLS) portal as per SASO 2663/2018 version will be discontinued
- 1st February 2022 – Certification Bodies (CBs) to discontinue issuance of Product Certificates of Conformity (P-CoCs) in SABER for AC models having Energy Efficiency Certificates as per SASO 2663/2018 version
- 31st March 2022 – Existing valid P-CoCs and Shipment Certificates of Conformity (S-CoCs) in SABER issued for AC models having Energy Efficiency Certificates as per SASO 2663/2018 version will be terminated
- 1st April 2022 – Mandatory implementation of SASO 2663/2021 version at KSA ports and borders by Customs
- 1st July 2022 – Mandatory implementation of SASO 2663/2021 version at local markets and warehouses
Intertek GTS can facilitate the process of obtaining the new Seasonal Energy Efficiency Certificate and Label in accordance with the new version of the standard SASO 2663/2021. This unique benefit from Intertek will expedite the application and registration process on SABER to obtain the P-CoC and S-CoC.