Programme Updates for Exports to Saudi Arabia
19 Oct 2022
SASO Update - Test Report requirements for the SLS portal - KSA's platform for issuing Energy Efficiency /Water Rationalization Certificates
The Saudi Standards, Metrology and Quality Organisation (SASO) have updated the Test Report requirements for the SLS portal for products covered under the Energy Efficiency (EE)/Water Rationalization Technical Regulations.
- The Test Report shall as a minimum include the information specified according to Clause 18.104.22.168 of the ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Standard - General requirements for the competence of testing and calibration Laboratories.
- The Test Report document shall be digitally signed/stamped and shall have an electronic authentication mechanism (QR code, web link, etc.).
- The Test Report document uploaded to the SLS portal shall be a Native PDF file and not a Scanned PDF file.
The above updated requirements will be enforced from 1st November 2022 onwards.
Enforcement of new Standards for certain Electrical Appliances
SASO has advised Intertek of the revised enforcement timeline for the below listed new Standards for certain Electrical Appliances.
- SASO IEC 60335-2-21:2021 for Electric Storage Water Heaters
- SASO IEC 60335-2-30:2021 for Electric Room Heaters
- SASO 2815:2021 for Electric Cord Extension Sets
If you are a Manufacturer, Exporter or Distributors of any of the above-mentioned Electrical Appliances:
- From 1st March 2023, Intertek will not issue Product Certificates of Conformity (P-CoCs) and Shipment Certificates of Conformity (S-CoCs) for the above-mentioned Electrical Appliances unless they comply with the requirements of the new Standards. If you have an existing P-CoC which remains valid after 1st March 2023 you must ensure that all Technical Files such as Test Reports comply with the new Standards.
- Starting from 1st June 2023, KSA Customs will not allow entry of these Electrical Appliances into the market unless they conform to the new Standards. The new Standards will also be mandatory for these Electrical Appliances manufactured within KSA.
- Starting from 1st August 2024, you cannot place Electric Storage Water Heaters, Electric Room Heaters or Electric Cord Extension Sets in the Saudi market unless they conform to the new Standards.
Intertek is a SASO approved Conformity Assessment Body for operating the Saudi Product Safety Programme (SPSP) and can provide further guidance and assistance with these updates.