SASO IECEE/IECEx Recognition Certificate (SIRC) update
17 Aug 2021
Saudi Product Safety Programme for Saudi Arabia SIRC Update
Further to our previous announcements regarding the Saudi Product Safety Programme for Saudi Arabia, Exporters are hereby informed that the following new products will be added to the list that requires the SASO IECEE/IECEx Recognition Certificate starting from 1st November 2021. SASO has announced this through a Press release posted on their website.
- Electro-technical devices and components - IECEE
- Circuit Breakers
- Cables for mobile phone chargers
- Electric Shavers
- Desktop Computers (PCs)
- Equipment and devices intended for use in potentially explosive atmospheres - IECEx
- Junction box (Electrical wire intersections) with cable connection points
- Control box with cable connection points
- Gas detectors, sensors, and Gas detection systems
- Electrical plugs and other connecting devices
- Electric pumps,
- Linear (fixed) lighting
*Note: The products listed above should be verified in SABER for any updates regarding the applicability of the SASO IECEE/IECEx Recognition Certificate. Additional technical support can be provided by contacting your local Intertek GTS office.
Intertek Government and Trade Services (GTS) is facilitating the process of obtaining the SIRC. This unique benefit from Intertek will expedite the application and registration process on SABER to obtain the P-CoC and S-CoC.