Certification of Products for Exports to Russia and the Customs Union

Compliance to Customs Union Technical Regulations is required when exporting to the Eurasian Economic Union - EAEU (former Customs Union). Member states are: Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan.

GOST certification systems for individual member states are being gradually replaced by certification to the Customs Union Technical Regulations (CU TR). 

Technical Regulations are similar to Directives, covering the requirements to the entire product’s life cycle. Each TR is supported by GOSTs and other standards in terms of product-specific requirements and testing methods. 

Products successfully assessed with the Customs Union Technical Regulations are marked with EAC Mark of Conformity (EAC stands for Eurasian Conformity). The EAC Mark applies to exports to, and goods manufactured in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia and Kyrgyzstan.

Several types of conformity assessment are currently in place depending on the type of product: certification or declaring to national GOST systems, Customs Union TR certification or declaring, State Registration. 

Applicable conformity assessment documents have to be in place for the Customs clearance and for sale and/or marketing within the member states.

Goods currently covered by Technical Regulations are: industrial and low-voltage electrical equipment, equipment intended for hazardous areas, textiles, footwear and accessories for adults, all children’s products including toys, cosmetics, food, and furniture. 

Intertek have been arranging these mandatory certificates since the commencement of the programme. Our staff are experts in certification programme for the Customs Union and have extensive knowledge of its requirements and its objectives and so can confidently and efficiently help exporters in facilitating trade.

Intertek’s dedicated experts will be able to advise you on the certification you require and offer you a custom made service to guide you through the certification process. 


Most common applicable certificates (not limited to) are: 


  • CU TR Certificate of Conformity 
  • CU TR Declaration of Conformity
  • Gost-R Certificate of Conformity 
  • Gost-R Declaration of Conformity 
  • State Registration
  • Fire Safety Certification
  • Justification of Safety
  • Technical Passport
  • Exemption Letter



Need help or have a question? +1 305 513 3000

Need help or have a question?

+1 305 513 3000
+44 1277 223400
Asia Pacific:
+852 2310 9923