Insulation Testing Solutions
Determine the level of fire resistance and energy efficiency of your materials with comprehensive Insulation Testing
Ensure building code compliance by verifying the fire resistance and fire reaction properties of your products. You want to be sure you are manufacturing products of high and consistent quality, so let us help you simplify the testing and certification process.
Seal & Insulate with ENERGY STAR
Intertek is recognized by the EPA as a certification body for the Seal & Insulate program. Manufacturers wishing to participate in the Seal & Insulate program can use Intertek as their certification body when applying to the EPA.
- Test reports from an accredited testing laboratory for ASTM E84-18b (or later) and ASTM C518-21
- A quality control program with a minimum of two inspections per year
- Installation instructions meeting the EPA guidelines
- Participants in the program may have either a separate listing specifically for Seal & Insulate or, for those manufacturers with Intertek Code Compliance Research Reports (CCRRs), a supplement to the CCRR.
Validate your products thermal resistance, air infiltration, air/vapor permeability and acoustical performance all in one place.
Gain confidence in the accuracy of your environmental claims. From the initial test plan through quarterly audits, we will work with you every step of the way.
Prove your commitment to safety and quality by obtaining certification for your insulation products. With our expansive breadth of services, we can offer you what you need.
What types of insulation do we test?
- Expanded & Extruded Polystyrene
- Insulating Panels
- Mineral Wool
- Pipe Wrap
- Spray Polyurethane Foam
What types of additional services do we offer?
- Acoustic Reverberation Chambers
- A/W/S Wall
- Guarded Hot Box
- Heat Flow Meters
- Large Scale Furnaces
Need more information? Click here…
Need help or have a question?
Standard Test Methods
- ASTM C518, C1363, D1621, D1622, D1623, D2126, D2856, E84, E90, E96, E108, E119, E283, E330, E331, E970
- CAN/ULC S102
- NFPA 259, 268, 285, 286
- SwRI 99-02
- UL 723, 790
Don’t see what you're looking for? Click here…
- Comprehensive Acoustical Testing Brochure
- Remote Pre Inspections for NFPA 80 / 101
- Protek - Safety. Everywhere. Every Day
- The Acoustic Webinar Series
- Fire Doors 101: Your Guide to Testing and Certification - Webinar Recording
- Tornado Testing & Certification Requirements - Webinar Recording
- Plumbing Products Testing & Certification - Webinar Recording
- The Evolving Code Evaluation Process White Paper
- Proposition 65 & the Furniture Industry Webinar Recording
- Why Planning for FCC Certification is Key to Success in the Door Hardware Industry White Paper
- Search and Buy Building & Construction Standards
- Building Products Directory
- Project Connect (formerly myATI) – B&C Products
- Construction Hive – B&C Projects (PSIQest)
- My TestCentral