Deck, Fence & Rail Testing
Validate the design and material selection of your deck, fence, and/or rail systems
Determine how your deck, fence, and rail systems will stand up to mother nature and general wear and tear by conducting weathering and durability testing. Whether your products are designed for residential or commercial installation, you need to ensure they will maintain a superior level of safety and quality.
With multiple labs located in the US and Canada that have the knowledge and capabilities to test and certify your products for safety and performance test methods as established by AAMA, ASTM, SPRI, Miami-Dade, CCMC Technical Guides, and ICC-ES Acceptance Criteria for Building Code Compliance, you can rest assured you’ve chosen the right partner.
Deck and Handrail Quality Assurance Program
Ensure continual compliance and that your materials and systems meet or exceed ICC-ES AC174 requirements as specified by the International Code Council (ICC).
Gain confidence by testing your building products or systems to the most applicable ICC-ES acceptance criteria, building code requirements, or other test standards.
Understand how intended and unintended use can affect the physical properties and durability of your residential or commercial building products.
Meet customer expectations by ensuring the performance testing of your inventive product or construction method results in satisfactory outcomes and building code compliance.
Qualify your products for industry-recognized certification programs. With more experience in the composite deck and rail industry than any other certification body, we can guarantee we have the expertise you need.
What types of additional services do we offer?
- Rail Loading Apparatus
- Universal Test Loader
- Weathering Chambers
- Steiner Tunnel
Need help or have a question?
Standard Test Methods
- ASTM D790, D1761, D2394, D2565, D6109, D7031, D7032, E661, E935, E985, E2353, E2358, F1679, F2408
- CCMC Technical Guides
PVC Guard Systems, Cellulosic/Polymer Composite Exterior Decking
- ICC-ES AC109, AC174, AC273, AC439
- Miami Dade
Don’t see what you're looking for? Click here…
- Comprehensive Acoustical Testing Brochure
- Remote Pre Inspections for NFPA 80 / 101
- Protek - Safety. Everywhere. Every Day
- The Acoustic Webinar Series
- Fire Doors 101: Your Guide to Testing and Certification - Webinar Recording
- Tornado Testing & Certification Requirements - Webinar Recording
- Plumbing Products Testing & Certification - Webinar Recording
- The Evolving Code Evaluation Process White Paper
- Proposition 65 & the Furniture Industry Webinar Recording
- Why Planning for FCC Certification is Key to Success in the Door Hardware Industry White Paper
Upcoming Tradeshows & Events
- NFPA 285 - 2023 Edition: An Overview of the Changes
Thursday, March 23, 2023
- CAN/ULC S134: Combustible Components in Non-Combustible Construction
Tuesday, March 28, 2023
- Fenestration – Canada: NAFS Testing, Certification, and Path to ENERGY STAR
Wednesday March 29, 2023
- Declaring and Use of Sustainable Materials for Eco-Friendly Buildings - PART TWO
Thursday, April 06, 2023
- PSI Cleveland Happy Hour Event
Thursday, April 26, 2023
- Search and Buy Building & Construction Standards
- Building Products Directory
- Project Connect (formerly myATI) – B&C Products
- Construction Hive – B&C Projects (PSIQest)
- My TestCentral