Alternative Fuel Technology Testing & Certification
Go-to-Market Solutions for Alternative Fuel Components and Systems
As the market for alternative fuels expands, a lack of uniformity in regulatory standards for the supporting infrastructure brings growing uncertainty. Manufacturers and suppliers are faced with a complex regulatory environment and a confusing array of standards at varying degrees of adoption.
To learn more, download our
Alternative Fuel Solutions brochure
We have developed certification and classification protocols to provide clear safety solutions for alternative fuel components and systems for natural gas, hydrogen gas, and fuel cells. We assist clients in reducing risk and optimizing productivity by working with top-tier alternative fuel industry innovators, partnering with authorities having jurisdiction (AHJs), and being involved in the development of codes and standards.
Our services include:
- Preliminary design reviews (PDRs)
- Testing and certification of natural gas vehicle (NGV) and hydrogen gas vehicle (HGV) systems
- Limited production certification (LPC)
- Certification for Hazardous location, general purpose, and gas safety
- Field and factory inspections (NFPA52 and NFPA2)
- Skid/component certification
- System validation to customer specification
- Management systems
- Functional safety
- Supply chain management
Partnering with Intertek helps ensure compliance with the latest regulatory standards and puts you at the forefront of the alternative fuel industry.
Need help or have a question?
- Hazardous Locations & Explosive Atmospheres Equipment Certification Requirements Video Series
- Guide to Equipment Certification Requirements for Hazardous Locations Poster
- IEC 60079-25 for Intrinsically Safe Electrical Systems: Edition 3
- IEC/EN 60079-6 Part 6: Equipment Protection by Liquid Immersion "o"
- Guide to Hazardous Location Equipment Marking
- SATELLITE Data Acceptance Program for Hazardous Locations
- Lighting for Hazardous Locations Fact Sheet
- China CCC Ex: Hazardous Locations Product Compliance White Paper
- FAQs for Product Compliance in Hazardous Locations
- UAE ECASEx: Unit Verification Webinar Recording
- Transition from EN 13463 to EN ISO 80079 Webinar
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- IECEx Non-Electrical: Regulatory Guide to Non-Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Locations
- North America: Year-round CompEx Course Schedule
- Intertek Chester UK facility including CompEx course modules and descriptions
- Client Testimonials
- ETL Mark The Industry's Fastest Certification Program
- Functional Safety Services
- Field Evaluation
- On-site Design Review
- Certification Program for Industrial Control Panels (ICP)
- EMC Testing