Hazardous Locations Protection Methods
Take charge in determining your Hazardous Locations certification needs
Make informed decisions on protection methods for your products. Once you know what direction to take your product, we’ll ensure you always work with the most experienced team for your desired protection method. Need help identifying your protection method? Find out about our Preliminary Evaluation services.
Protection Method Overview
Our team can help you understand the protection methods in the U.S., Canada, the European Union and global markets.
Division 2 / Zone 2
Division 2 / Zone 2 protection methods apply to products that will be installed in a Hazardous area where the hazard is not likely to occur under normal operation.
The Intrinsic Safety protection concept provides the highest level of protection for Division 1 / Zone 0-1 environments and can be used in Class I, II, and III.
Explosion & Flame Proof
The concept of Flame Proof / Explosion Proof protection contains the source of potential ignition within an enclosure that will withstand the pressure of an explosion.
To apply the Pressurization protection concept the function of the product must exclude gas by positive pressure differential.
- Hazardous Locations & Explosive Atmospheres Equipment Certification Requirements Video Series
- Guide to Equipment Certification Requirements for Hazardous Locations Poster
- IEC 60079-25 for Intrinsically Safe Electrical Systems: Edition 3
- IEC/EN 60079-6 Part 6: Equipment Protection by Liquid Immersion "o"
- Guide to Hazardous Location Equipment Marking
- SATELLITE Data Acceptance Program for Hazardous Locations
- Lighting for Hazardous Locations Fact Sheet
- China CCC Ex: Hazardous Locations Product Compliance White Paper
- FAQs for Product Compliance in Hazardous Locations
- UAE ECASEx: Unit Verification Webinar Recording
- Transition from EN 13463 to EN ISO 80079 Webinar
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- IECEx Non-Electrical: Regulatory Guide to Non-Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Locations
- North America: Year-round CompEx Course Schedule
- Intertek Chester UK facility including CompEx course modules and descriptions
- Client Testimonials
- ETL Mark The Industry's Fastest Certification Program
- Functional Safety Services
- Field Evaluation
- On-site Design Review
- Certification Program for Industrial Control Panels (ICP)
- EMC Testing