North American Product Approvals
Get your products to market faster with ETL certification
Capitalize on the growing demand for “Ex” electrical equipment by improving your speed to market. That’s where Intertek’s ETL mark for U.S. and Canada provides the certification you need, fast and efficiently. Intertek is an NRTL (Nationally Recognized Test Laboratory) under the OSHA program and a recognized Certification Body (CB) and Test Laboratory (TL) under the SCC (Standards Council of Canada).
Full Certification to US and Canadian Standards
Intertek is qualified to test and certify your Hazardous Location products to required safety standards resulting in the ETL mark.
Limited Production Certification
Flexible certification options for products that are custom built or designed to be manufactured in limited quantity and used in Hazardous Locations.
In Hazardous Locations, harmonized standards across regions make it easier for Intertek to provide you with solutions to bundle your certification needs.
Need help or have a question?
- Hazardous Locations & Explosive Atmospheres Equipment Certification Requirements Video Series
- Guide to Equipment Certification Requirements for Hazardous Locations Poster
- IEC 60079-25 for Intrinsically Safe Electrical Systems: Edition 3
- IEC/EN 60079-6 Part 6: Equipment Protection by Liquid Immersion "o"
- Guide to Hazardous Location Equipment Marking
- SATELLITE Data Acceptance Program for Hazardous Locations
- Lighting for Hazardous Locations Fact Sheet
- China CCC Ex: Hazardous Locations Product Compliance White Paper
- FAQs for Product Compliance in Hazardous Locations
- UAE ECASEx: Unit Verification Webinar Recording
- Transition from EN 13463 to EN ISO 80079 Webinar
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- IECEx Non-Electrical: Regulatory Guide to Non-Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Locations
- North America: Year-round CompEx Course Schedule
- Intertek Chester UK facility including CompEx course modules and descriptions
- Client Testimonials
- ETL Mark The Industry's Fastest Certification Program
- Functional Safety Services
- Field Evaluation
- On-site Design Review
- Certification Program for Industrial Control Panels (ICP)
- EMC Testing