EMC Testing | Electromagnetic Compatibility
With the largest global network of 23 EMC Testing labs, Intertek provides the capacity, proximity and engineering resources to streamline your EMC Compliance Testing process for any market you want to reach
What is Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC)?
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) is the ability of electrical equipment, devices and systems to function properly and be compatible within their electromagnetic environment, and show no signs of generating, emitting or receiving electromagnetic energy causing electromagnetic interference (EMI) in other devices within the surrounding area.
EMC Testing Benefits
EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) testing is the process of evaluating the impact of electromagnetic interference on electronic devices and systems. The benefits of conducting EMC testing include:
- Improved product performance: EMC testing helps identify any potential issues that could affect the performance of electronic devices and systems, allowing manufacturers to make necessary design modifications to improve performance and reliability.
- Compliance with regulations: Many countries have regulations in place to ensure that electronic devices and systems meet minimum EMC requirements. EMC testing helps manufacturers ensure that their products comply with these regulations, avoiding potential legal and financial penalties.
- Increased customer satisfaction: EMC testing helps ensure that electronic devices and systems function properly and reliably in real-world environments, increasing customer satisfaction and reducing the risk of product returns.
- Improved safety: EMC testing helps identify potential safety issues that could be caused by electromagnetic interference, allowing manufacturers to make necessary design modifications to improve safety and reduce the risk of harm to users.
- Increased marketability: EMC testing helps demonstrate that electronic devices and systems meet the highest standards of quality and performance, increasing their marketability and competitiveness in the global marketplace.
Overall, EMC testing provides a number of benefits that help improve the performance, reliability, and marketability of electronic devices and systems, while also ensuring that they comply with relevant regulations and safety standards.
Intertek's EMC Solutions
We hold a long list of EMC accreditations from around the world. Our queue times are as fast as 3 days and we provide a 24-hour turnaround on quotes. We offer both open and fully sheltered sites, fully anechoic and semi-anechoic chambers, with site size ranging from 3 meters to 10 meters.
Save time and money by bundling EMC with other testing and certification needs (safety, environmental, energy efficiency, performance). With Intertek you will eliminate the headaches of using multiple labs, delays in logistics, and shipping costs. Contact us today.
Webinar Overview: ICES-003 Issue 7 2020
EMC Testing by Service
- Electromagnetic Emissions Testing
- Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Testing
- EMC Directive (2004/108/EC) - CE Mark
- Calibration Services
- SEMI F47 Testing
- Wireless Inductive Charging Testing
EMC Testing by Industry
- EMC Testing for Automotive Equipment
- EMC Testing for Appliances and Consumer Electronics
- EMC Testing for HVACR
- EMC Testing for Lighting Products
- EMC Testing for Medical Devices
- EMC Testing for Military and Aerospace Equipment
- EMC Testing for Telecom Equipment (IT)
EMC / EMI Diagnostic Tool
Utilize the EMC Pre-Compliance EM Scan tool and avoid unexpected electromagnetic compatibility/interference compliance issues. Rapidly diagnose and solve problems in a single design cycle in the lab environment.
Need help or have a question?