Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) Testing
Intertek is the leading provider of immunity and susceptibility testing. We offer the world’s largest network of Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) facilities to test products quickly and expertly.
While most global markets require proof of EMC emissions compliance, currently, the European Union is the only major market that also requires proof of immunity (EMI). Products destined for the European market must comply with EN and IEC standards that specify EMC Immunity performance.
- +/- 15 kV Contact Discharge, +/- 30 kV Air Discharge
- Humidity Temperature controlled rooms and lab
- Waveform verification target with 1 GHz Oscilloscope
- Various ESD tips from standard IEC/EN test to tips designed for automotive
Bulk Current Injection (BCI)
- Use of dual directional power meter and probes for Forward, Reverse and Net power measurements for every test
- Fixtures specifically designed per standards to improve repeatability.
- Specific equipment per standard used for testing to ensure proper testing and repeatability
- Can perform testing to Ford, GM, Chrysler, Fiat, Nissan, Honda, Mazda, Audi, ISO and other BCI standards
Radiated Electromagnetic Fields (RF)
- Uniform field per IEC/EN specification
- Varity of modulations (AM, FM, Pulsed)
- Field strengths designed for >200 V/m at a distance of 1m CW or pulsed from 1-18GHz
- Calibrated fields available up to 18 GHz
- 1kW amplifier from 80 MHz- 1 GHz
- 250W amplifiers from 1 GHz - 18 GHz
- 500W amplifier from 10 kHz - 200 MHz
- 5M EMC Chamber- Capabilities from 26 MHz to 18GHz. Can be used for testing in accordance to: SAE, ISO, GM, Ford, Chrysler, Nissan, Audi, Fiat, Honda, Mazda, SAE J1113, SAE J551
- Typical industry standards include Automotive, GM 5097, 3100, DC 10614REV A, Ford AB/AC, Nissan, Mazda, Fiat, Honda, Audi, Chrysler, SAE, ISO, Mazda
- Peripheral support utilities are available: Compressed air (125 PSI @ 30 CFM, oiled or purified @ 2 Microns), Water (to 100 PSI), External gas venting (200 CFM), AC Power up to 240 VAC @ 50 Amps (50 or 60 Hz) single or three phase, DC Power up to 65 VDC @ 150 Amps. Full color internal monitoring system, with multiple camera angles provided. Generators, Chillers, Power Loads, Inert Gases, EMC hardened computers, can be made available
- EUT (equipment under test) can be either tabletop or floor standing equipment.
|Scope||EN Standard||IEC Standards|
|Burst/Electrical Fast Transient||EN 61000-4-4||IEC 801-4; IEC 61000-4-4|
|Conducted Continuous Disturbances from DC to 150 kHz||EN 61000-4-16||IEC 61000-4-16|
|Conducted Disturbances Induced by RF Fields||EN 61000-4-6||IEC 61000-4-6|
|Electrostatic Discharge||EN 61000-4-2||IEC 61000-4-2|
|Generic Immunity - Industrial Environment||EN 61000-6-2||IEC 61000-6-2|
|Generic Immunity - Residential, Commercial & Light Industry||EN 61000-6-1||IEC 61000-6-1|
|Magnetic Field, Damped Oscillatory||EN 61000-4-10||IEC 61000-4-10|
|Magnetic Field, Oscillatory||EN 61000-4-12||IEC 61000-4-12|
|Magnetic Field, Power Frequency||EN 61000-4-8||IEC 61000-4-8|
|Magnetic Field, Pulse||EN 61000-4-9||IEC 61000-4-9|
|Radiated RF Electromagnetic Field||EN 61000-4-3||IEC 61000-4-3|
|Surge||EN 61000-4-5||EN 61000-4-5|
|Voltage Dips, Short Interruptions and Voltage Variations||EN 61000-4-11||IEC 61000-4-11|
Need help or have a question?
EMC/EMI Diagnostic Tool
Utilize the EMC Pre-Compliance EM Scan tool and avoid unexpected EMC/EMI compliance issues.
Rapidly diagnose and solve problems in a single design cycle in the lab environment.