UL 508 Certification & Control Panel Builder Program
Intertek's ETL Panel Builder Certification Program for Industrial Control Panels (ICPs) delivers an alternative, cost-efficient approach to UL 508 Certification for manufacturers who custom-build or mass-produce ICPs
We have the experience, resources and engineering expertise to meet standard requirements for all of your panels and components, including basic wall- or machine-mounted panels, floor-mounted with busbar panels, elevator control panels, and other specific applications.
Sign up for our North American Training Courses
Download the UL 508A White Paper: Requirements for Industrial Control Panel Safety
Addressing Updates to UL 508A 2nd Edition
Demonstrate your Industrial Control Panel conformance to applicable testing standards:
- UL 508A 2nd
- CSA C22.2 No. 14
ETL Panel Builder Program Advantages:
- Greater Choice in Component Sourcing: Unlike our competitors, Intertek can source any NRTL-approved or -recognized components, as well as those already permitted under the scope of the ICP program.
- Fulfilled Requirements: The ETL Panel Builder Program covers proper component usage, enclosure environmental ratings, and conformance to National Electric Code (NEC) and Canadian Electrical Code (CEC) standards.
- Efficiency: Avoid costly delays by eliminating red-tagged panels at the job site.
- Flexibility: ETL's program covers open-, enclosed-, indoor-, and outdoor-use panels for the U.S. and Canada.
- Acceptance: Our ETL Listed Mark is accepted by regulatory authorities in every jurisdiction in the United States and Canada.
- Cost Savings: Competitively-priced flat rate fee for factory follow up costs, and cost-effective component evaluations are all a part of the program.
- Expertise: Knowledgeable team with field and practical expertise are available for technical discussions and training.
- Ongoing Conformity: Qualified engineers conduct on-site audits to assist in compliance.
- Additional Training & Resource Options: Whether or not you choose to participate in the ETL Panel Builder Program, we invite you to be more fully prepared for compliance by attending one of our scheduled training sessions, contacting us for customized training, downloading our white paper or contacting us for other ways we can help you navigate through ICP requirements and standard updates.