UL 508A Certification: Industrial Control Panels
Intertek's ETL Panel Builder Certification Program
Intertek's ETL Panel Builder Certification Program for custom industrial control panels delivers an alternative, cost-efficient approach to UL 508A and CSA C22.2 No. 286 certification for manufacturers who custom-build or mass-produce industrial control panels for use in the United States and Canada.
We have the experience, resources and engineering expertise to meet standard requirements for all of your panels and components, including basic wall- or machine-mounted panels, floor-mounted with busbar panels, elevator control panels, and other specific applications.
Applicable standards for Industrial Control Panels:
Demonstrate compliance to applicable safety standards for Industrial Control Panels with Intertek's Panel Builder Certification Program.
- UL 508A: Standard for the Construction of Industrial Control Panels
- CSA C22.2 No. 286: Industrial Control Panels and Assemblies
Intertek's ETL Panel Builder Program Advantages:
- Greater Choice in Component Sourcing: Unlike our competitors, Intertek permits the use of any NRTL-approved or -recognized components, as well as those already approved under the scope of the ICP program.
- Fulfilled Requirements: The ETL Panel Builder Program covers proper component usage, circuit requirements (power and control), Short-Circuit Current Ratings and determination; as well as designing for compliance to the National Electric Code (NEC) and Canadian Electrical Code (CEC).
- Efficiency: Avoid costly delays by eliminating red-tagged panels at the job site.
- Flexibility: ETL's program covers open-, enclosed-, indoor-, and outdoor-use panels for the U.S. and Canada.
- Acceptance: Our ETL Listed Mark is accepted by regulatory authorities in every jurisdiction in the United States and Canada.
- Cost Savings: Competitively-priced flat rate fee for factory follow up costs, and cost-effective component evaluations are all a part of the program.
- Expertise: Knowledgeable team with field and practical expertise are available for technical discussions and training.
- Ongoing Conformity: Qualified engineers conduct on-site audits to assist in compliance.
- Additional Training & Resource Options: Whether or not you choose to participate in the ETL Panel Builder Program, we invite you to be more fully prepared for compliance by attending one of our scheduled training sessions, contacting us for customized training or contacting us for other ways we can help you navigate through ICP requirements and standard updates.
Sign up for our Industrial Control Panels Training Courses
Intertek also offers Control Panel Builder Certification for custom Industrial Control Panels intended for Hazardous Locations.