RoHS2 Compliance for Industrial Equipment
EU RoHS 2 Directive 2011/65/EU
Through training, testing and certification, Intertek’s team of compliance experts can help you define and develop your product’s technical file content and processes to ensure your industrial equipment meets the requirements of the RoHS 2 Directive. In effect since July 21, 2011, RoHS 2 identifies six regulated substances - lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls, and polybrominated diphenyl ether - restricted in manufacturing certain electrical and electronic equipment sold in the EU. The scope of the Directive extends to all electrical and electronic equipment within 11 broad categories, including:
- All products covered by the original directive - Comply by January 2, 2013
- Monitoring and Control Instruments - Comply by July 22, 2017
- Other EEE not covered in the categories above - Comply by July 22, 2019
Partner with Intertek to learn more about making strategic decisions for compliance.
- On-site Training, Education & Consulting
- RoHS 2 Responsibilities and Supplier Assessment
- Review of Technical File Documentation
- Bill of Material (BOM) Assessment
- Analytical Testing (IEC 62321)
- Compliance Review/Audit
- CE Mark
*Intertek consulting services provided for Industrial Equipment are carried out by consulting experts of a separate legal entity who have no influence over any aspect of Intertek Notified Body activities.