Control Panel Builder Training & Services
The standards for the safety of Industrial Control Panels - UL 508A 3rd Edition & CAN/CSA C22.2 No.286-2017 are now in effect. That means requirements to the entirety of these standards are now enforceable, including many updates and changes that had previously gone unenforced.
To guide manufacturers through these changes, Intertek offers multiple training options on topics including:
- UL 508A and/or CSA C22.2 No.286-2017 detailed review, including specific updates to the 3rd Edition
- Overview of differences between previously used CSA C22.2 No. 14-18 "Industrial Control Equipment" and new CSA C22.2 No. 286-17 "Industrial control panels and assemblies
- Requirements for general-use Industrial Control Panels
- Requirements for specific-use Industrial Control Panels such as enclosures, industrial machinery, and crane control (separate specific-use training courses offered)
- Control panel definitions and examples
- Implications for components, low-voltage limited energy circuits, control circuits transformers, grounding/bonding, wiring, motor loads, switching devices, short-circuit current ratings, and more
Courses cover multiple requirements of panel compliance, including the most recent revisions to UL508A 3rd Edition and is taught by technical experts with extensive practical and field experience. This revision is effective 4/24/18 and reviewed 7/03/18, 4/16/20, 8/06/20, and 8/05/21.
View/Register for any of our United States training sessions
Course covers multiple requirements of panel compliance, including the most recent revisions CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 286-2017 and UL508A 3nd Edition, and an overview of differences between CSA C22.2 No. 286-17 and CSA C22.2 No. 14-18 and is taught by technical experts with extensive practical and field experience.
View/Register for any of our Canada training sessions.
Course covers multiple requirements of panel compliance, including the most recent revisions to UL508A 3nd Edition, CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 286-2017 and an overview of differences between CSA C22.2 No. 286-17 and CSA C22.2 No. 14-18 and is taught by technical experts with extensive practical and field experience.
View/Register for any of our Italy training sessions
Back to Panel Builder Program & Certification
- Intertek Functional Safety Conformity Assessment Program White Paper
- IEC 61010 Series: Master the Challenge & Keep Up with the Changes White Paper
- Robots & Robotics: Global Quality & Compliance
- Medical Robots Fact Sheet
- UN 38.3 and the Transportation of Lithium Batteries: A Webinar Series
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Updated FCC Approval Process Webinar
- Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) for On- and Off-Electric Grid Applications
- Stationary Engine Generator Assemblies: Compliance to ANSI/UL 2200 & ANSI/ULC 2200
- Comparing NFPA 79 and IEC / EN 60204-1 White Paper
- Machinery Safety Services Brochure
- Understanding the Machinery Directive White Paper
- ETL Mark The Industry's Fastest Certification Program
- Functional Safety Services
- Global Testing & Certification for the Packaging Industry
- Product Directories
- Certification Marks
The ETL Listed Mark is the fastest growing certification mark in North America, widely accepted by AHJs and building code officials.