Panel Builder Training: United States
The standard for the safety of Industrial Control Panels - UL 508A 3rd Edition is now in effect, including requirements that were previously unenforced. To stay compliant and keep production moving, Industrial Control Panel manufacturers need to be prepared.
Panel shop training can be conducted, by a professional trainer, in one of the following formats:
Onsite at your facility
In-person at an approved Intertek training facility
Online training via Teams Meeting (virtual – temporary during pandemic)
Training can be conducted in a full one-day training course, or split over two days (half-day sessions).
- UL 508A detailed review, including specific updates to the 3rd Edition
- Implications & new enforcement plans for recent standard changes and previously unenforced requirements
- Requirements for general-use Industrial Control Panels
- Requirements for specific-use Industrial Control Panels Control panel definitions and examples
- UL 508A implications to components, low-voltage limited energy circuits, control circuits transformers, grounding/bonding, wiring, motor loads, switching devices, short-circuit current ratings and more