Meet cybersecurity requirements and best practice for Industry 4.0 and the IIoT
Connectivity and the IoT is transforming industry processes. From food manufacturers and FMCG plants, to automotive plants and oil refineries, the real time information and control provided by Industrial IoT products brings huge advantages, from greater efficiencies and more flexible production, to lower plant downtime and reduced maintenance costs.
However, the associated risks are huge, from Intellectual Property theft, to malicious attacks disrupting production, and harming brands. In the severe cases, catastrophic plant failure could have fatal results.
Intertek’s services help clients launch products intended for use in industrial processes which harness the huge benefits of connectivity whilst mitigating the risks. Building on the many decades Intertek has spent working with global manufacturers to meet regulators’ requirements in markets around the world, with a focus on technical excellence and rapid service delivery, Intertek Connected World offers a range of services from basic penetration tests, through to full evaluation and certification to leading Industrial IoT standards such as IEC 62443. Our experience with cybersecurity on Industrial products from lighting to process control equipment helps our clients eliminate security flaws, meet regulatory requirements and demonstrate your products strong security credentials through product certification, giving your clients extra confidence in the product, and your business consequent market advantage.
Network / Plant level assurance: As well as product level certification, Intertek also offers network level OT testing, helping plant owners ensure the overall security of their facilities. Learn more
Intertek offers the complete range of testing, certification and assurance services to launch a successful Industrial IoT product:
IEC 62443: The IEC 62443 series of standards were developed by security experts and are aimed at industrial automation controls. Globally recognized, the series lays out a framework for:
- securing processes and procedures
- outlining security requirements for components and systems, and
- identifying secure software development practices.
Intertek can help you test and certify your product to this and other standards. Learn more
Cellular network access: to give the Industrial IoT products greatest flexibility, especially to allow operation over large sites, many manufacturers are using cellular technologies such as NB IoT. Learn more
Products containing radios (cellular or short range (ie Bluetooth), must undergo EMC testing. Products in Hazardous Locations require specific additional testing. Learn more
Performance & Interoperability
To achieve commercial success, on top of safety and security requirements, products must interact seamlessly, with a wide diversity of other connected devices in potential industrial environments. Intertek’s interoperability services ensure your product can thrive in the Industrial IoT ecosystem. Learn more
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training Fact Sheet
- Common Criteria Certification Process Fact Sheet
- FIPS 140-3 Process and Service Offerings Fact Sheet
- 5G Technology Assurance Solution Fact Sheet
- Cyber Security Risk in a Mass Remote Working Environment Webinar
- Intertek Cyber Assured Fact Sheet
- Consumer Product Focused Cyber Security Test and Certification Program
- PCI PIN Transaction Security (PTS) Cyber Security Fact Sheet
- Cyber Security Assurance Overview
- ANSI/UL 2900 Cyber Security Assessments Fact Sheet
- Software Assurance Overview
- Network Certification Guides
- Guide to PTCRB Certification
- Guide to Verizon ODI Process