Meet safety and regulatory requirements that gets your product to market at home and abroad.
With Intertek's global network of laboratories we provide unparalleled testing in order to ensure your products meet various regulatory and industry requirements and country-specific certifications, whether ETL or CE Marking, or FCC Certification, Intertek works with you to get your product through the process quickly.
Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Testing
IoT devices must meet applicable emission and immunity regulations for the FCC, ISED, and the EU. Products that contain radio transmitters also must comply with RF exposure criteria (SAR if the product is body worn) in order to ensure the safety of the end user and bystanders. Additionally, devices with RF transmitters or receivers must demonstrate compliance with Directive 2014/53/EU (the Radio Equipment Directive) as well as meet any EMC criteria that apply to non-radio functions of the device. Demonstrating compliance with the Radio Equipment Directive (RED) ensures the efficient use of the radio spectrum which is critical to allow IoT devices to coexist without interfering with one another.
Radio Equipment Directive (RED) – Cybersecurity Requirements
With the emergence of Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and NFC, more products are interconnected and behaving like radio equipment. Concern for cybersecurity of these devices has now caused the Radio Equipment Directive (RED) to revise their scope, including Article 3.3, which addresses security of radio interfaces. The change takes effect February 1, 2022. It becomes mandatory August 1, 2024, for all new and existing products which must comply in order to achieve CE marking. Manufacturers should consider testing products to existing standards such as EN 303 645 (Consumer Products) or IEC 62443 (Industrial). As the likely basis for future harmonized standards, aligning and testing products sold in the EU market to these standards will help ensure preparedness for the future harmonized standards and the August 2024 deadline.
Other services include:
- Safety Certification
- Installation Compliance
- Accessibility Testing
- Coexistence Testing
- Cybersecurity Awareness Training Fact Sheet
- Common Criteria Certification Process Fact Sheet
- FIPS 140-3 Process and Service Offerings Fact Sheet
- 5G Technology Assurance Solution Fact Sheet
- Cyber Security Risk in a Mass Remote Working Environment Webinar
- Intertek Cyber Assured Fact Sheet
- Consumer Product Focused Cyber Security Test and Certification Program
- PCI PIN Transaction Security (PTS) Cyber Security Fact Sheet
- Cyber Security Assurance Overview
- ANSI/UL 2900 Cyber Security Assessments Fact Sheet
- Software Assurance Overview
- Network Certification Guides
- Guide to PTCRB Certification
- Guide to Verizon ODI Process