Machinery Directive (2006/42/EC)
Get your industrial equipment products to European markets quickly and efficiently.
The Machinery Directive was established to permit the free movement of machinery within the European Union (EU) market. Manufacturers of equipment that fall under the scope of the directive, such as grinding machines, lathe machines and packaging machines, must issue a Declaration of Conformity (DoC) in order to sell their products in the EU. The Essential Health & Safety Requirements of the Machinery Directive are comprehensive and require compliance with other applicable European Directives such as the Low Voltage Directive and the Atmosphere Explosibles (ATEX) Directive (94/9/EC).
Check out our white paper below to learn more about the Low Voltage Directive and the Machinery Directive, and the guidelines for compliance with the requirements.
Intertek is a notified body and can provide compliance services for all machinery and safety components (including hoverboards which the EU consider as machines, and as such will be evaluated under the requirements of the machinery directive) named in Annex IV of the Directive. The Machinery Directive also contains requirements for risk analysis. Intertek can give you the assurance that your product gets the best assessment and the safest design.
Our services include:
- Technical File Preparation
- Installation/Operating/Maintenance Manual Preparation
- Hazard and Risk Assessment
- Site Inspection
- Safety Testing to EN60204
- Verification of Structural Calculations
- Design Reviews
- Guidance on Compliance with EHSRs
- Annex IV Notified Body Services
- Registration of Technical Files
- Review of Design, Purchasing & Inspection Protocols
- Other European Directives
Intertek is a notified body for a number of EU Directives, including:
- Machinery Directive
- Low Voltage Directive (2006/95/EC)
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Directive (2004/108/EC)
- Gas Appliance Directive
- Atmosphere Explosibles (ATEX) Directive (94/9/EC)
- Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC)
- Outdoor Noise Directive
- Radio and Telecommunications Terminal Equipment (R&TTE) Directive
- Boiler Efficiency
Need help or have a question?
- +44 1372 370900
- +1 800 967 5352
- S. AMER:
- +55 11 2842 0444
- +86 400 886 9926
- +31 88 126 8888
- +49 711 27311 152
- +971 4 317 8777
- +91 11 4159 5408