Generator Testing and Certification Services
Access Global Markets with Testing & Certification solutions for Generators and Generator Sets
Intertek supports generator and generator sets with testing, certification, inspection, advisory, and design services. We provide local certification to extend your global reach, and our marks are accepted by manufacturers, retailers, utilities, and inspectors around the world.
Common Standards for Generator Certification:
- ANSI/UL 2200 for the United States
Specific to stationary engine generator assemblies rated 600 volts or less intended for installation and use in ordinary locations.
- ANSI/ULC 2200 for Canada
- ANSI/PGMA G300 for Portable Generators
This safety and performance standard for the United States applies to all portable generators 15 kW or smaller—including inverters, open frame, and construction generators. The effective date for compliance is for generators manufactured on or after March 31, 2020.
Contact us to learn more about generator certification to all applicable ANSI, UL, CSA, NFPA, and more global standards.
Generator Certification & Testing Services:
- Inverter Testing to ANSI/UL 1741, IEEE 1547, and more
- Standby Generator Fuel Testing
- ETL Certification
- ASTA Certification
- CE Marking
- IECEE CB Scheme
- Data Acceptance Program - SATELLITE™
- Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) Testing
- IECEx Equipment Certification
- ATEX Certification
- Industrial IoT / Industry 4.0 Services
Performance & Reliability Services:
Our expertise can help you improve product reliability and competitiveness, including confidential competitive benchmarking research and analysis.
- Machine-to-Machine Communications, Software, and Cybersecurity Assessment
- Arc Flash Hazard Analysis
- Accelerated Stress Testing (AST)
- Failure Analysis & Materials Testing
- Engine Endurance and Durability Testing
- Performance and Benchmark Testing
- Oil Condition Monitoring (OCM) & Lubricant Testing
- Field Evaluation & Special Inspections
Intertek is constantly monitoring developments in the global standards regulating power generation products. Generator manufacturers should discuss a customized test plan with an Intertek expert – considerations for test plans include product voltage levels, product customization, and target markets for distribution. Intertek can offer holistic quality assurance and testing programs to harmonized aspects of international standards to create efficiencies in budget and speed to market.