Control Panel Builder Program for Hazardous Locations
Intertek's ETL Panel Builder Certification Program for Custom Industrial Control Panels intended for Hazardous Locations delivers an alternative, cost-efficient approach to Class/Division Certification for manufacturers who custom-build or mass-produce industrial control panels for use in the United States and Canada
We have the experience, resources and engineering expertise to meet standard requirements for all of your panels and components, including Non-incendive panels (Division 2), Purge panels, Explosion-Proof or Dust Ignition-Proof panels, or panels with Intrinsically Safe (I.S.) Circuit Extensions.
Sign up for our Training Courses
Demonstrate your Industrial Control Panel conformance to applicable hazardous locations standards:
- UL 698A/CSA C22.2 No. 286 for panels with Intrinsically Safe circuit outputs
- UL 1203/CSA C22.2 No. 25 and 30 for explosionproof or dust ignition-proof panels
- UL 121201/CSA C22.2 No. 213 for non-arcing/non-incendive panels
- NFPA 496 for Purged and Pressurized panels
ETL Hazardous Locations Panel Builder Program Advantages:
- Greater Choice in Component Sourcing: Unlike our competitors, Intertek permits the use of any NRTL-approved or -recognized components, as well as those already approved under the scope of the ICP program.
- Fulfilled Requirements: The ETL Panel Builder Program for Hazardous Locations covers full training on applicable standards in addition to our UL 508A/CSA 286 training which covers proper component usage, circuit requirements (power and control), Short-Circuit Current Ratings and determination; as well as designing for compliance to the National Electric Code (NEC) and Canadian Electrical Code (CEC).
- Efficiency: Avoid costly delays by eliminating red-tagged panels at the job site.
- Flexibility: ETL's program covers open-, enclosed-, indoor-, and outdoor-use panels for the U.S. and Canada using multiple hazardous locations protection concepts.
- Acceptance: Our ETL Listed Mark is accepted by regulatory authorities in every jurisdiction in the United States and Canada.
- Cost Savings: Competitively-priced flat rate fee for factory follow up costs, and cost-effective component evaluations are all a part of the program.
- Expertise: Knowledgeable team with field and practical expertise are available for technical discussions and training.
- Ongoing Conformity: Qualified engineers conduct annual audits to assist in compliance. Standard updates are included as part of annual re-assessments.
- Additional Training & Resource Options: Whether or not you choose to participate in the ETL Panel Builder Program, we invite you to be more fully prepared for compliance by attending one of our scheduled training sessions, contacting us for customized training or contacting us for other ways we can help you navigate through ICP requirements and standard updates.