CompEx & Hazardous Areas Training
North American CompEx Certification Training Courses
Intertek’s courses in hazardous areas aptitude and the CompEx Scheme are based on the principle that training is different than competency. Whether you’re interested in an introductory course such as Ex F Foundation, or technical intensives such as Ex01-Ex04 Gas & Vapors or Ex12 Application Design Engineers, you will benefit from learning from our expert, certified course instructors with years of experience both in the classroom as well as continued technical work in the field.
We offer the following courses at our licensed CompEx training center in Houston, Texas, USA. Customized training at your facility may also be available.
Ex F Foundation Course
A nationally recognized certificate in the basic theory of hazardous areas. This course is part of the national scheme for the training and certification of core competence of personnel who work on equipment for use in explosive atmospheres.
Ex01-Ex04 Gas & Vapors
Electrical/Instrumentation installation, maintenance & inspection. This course consists of classroom based theoretical practical training (50%) and practical assessment and written examination.
Ex12 Application Design Engineers
When designing an electrical installation for use in explosive atmospheres there is a requirement to consider the design, selection and construction of the overall system. This course covers the application, design and selection of electrical equipment, and the requirements of IEC 60079-14.
Download Course Descriptions | Register for Course(s)
- Register Now!
- February 27-28, 2023
- April 17-18, 2023
- June 5-6, 2023
- August 7-8, 2023
- October 9-10, 2023
- Register Now!
- February 27 - March 3, 2023
- April 17-21, 2023
- June 5-9, 2023
- August 7-11, 2023
- October 9-13, 2023
- Register Now!
- March 13-17, 2023
- June 12-16, 2023
- September 11-15, 2023
- December 11-15, 2023
- Hazardous Locations & Explosive Atmospheres Equipment Certification Requirements Webinar Series
- Guide to Equipment Certification Requirements for Hazardous Locations Poster
- IEC 60079-25 for Intrinsically Safe Electrical Systems: Edition 3
- IEC/EN 60079-6 Part 6: Equipment Protection by Liquid Immersion "o"
- Guide to Hazardous Location Equipment Marking
- SATELLITE Data Acceptance Program for Hazardous Locations
- Lighting for Hazardous Locations Fact Sheet
- China CCC Ex: Hazardous Locations Product Compliance White Paper
- FAQs for Product Compliance in Hazardous Locations
- UAE ECASEx: Unit Verification Webinar Recording
- Transition from EN 13463 to EN ISO 80079 Webinar
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- IECEx Non-Electrical: Regulatory Guide to Non-Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Locations
- North America: Year-round CompEx Course Schedule
- Intertek Chester UK facility including CompEx course modules and descriptions
- Client Testimonials
- ETL Mark The Industry's Fastest Certification Program
- Functional Safety Services
- Field Evaluation
- On-site Design Review
- Certification Program for Industrial Control Panels (ICP)
- EMC Testing