Hazardous Locations Assessments and Advisory
Product and process assessment services for a smoother path to market
Whether you need a CE marking assessment or storage of an ATEX technical file, you can look to Intertek’s technical teams for superior service.
Our services can involve CE Marking (if it is the first time on the European Market), PUWER (if it is second hand/already on the market and being modified) or just a Risk and Safety Assessment.
Functional Safety Assessment
We conduct Functional Safety verifications and certification for equipment and sub-assembly to determine failure rates for SIL suitability. We have significant experience in Safety Integrity Level (SIL) assessments to determine system requirements and needs for given situations.
Other Product Assessment Services
When you need help beyond traditional certification, our environmental and performance testing facilities (Ingress Protection, vibration and shock) covering both European and North American specifications. We also provide independent 3rd Party factory acceptance tests and have specific experience in acceptance testing and verification of gas turbine packages and ATEX safety systems / skids and assemblies.
Technical File Assessment & Storage
Intertek can provide a technical review of your ATEX product approval files. For more information please contact us. We also offer a secure storage service for ATEX product approval files to our clients in the globally.
- Hazardous Locations & Explosive Atmospheres Equipment Certification Requirements Video Series
- Guide to Equipment Certification Requirements for Hazardous Locations Poster
- IEC 60079-25 for Intrinsically Safe Electrical Systems: Edition 3
- IEC/EN 60079-6 Part 6: Equipment Protection by Liquid Immersion "o"
- Guide to Hazardous Location Equipment Marking
- SATELLITE Data Acceptance Program for Hazardous Locations
- Lighting for Hazardous Locations Fact Sheet
- China CCC Ex: Hazardous Locations Product Compliance White Paper
- FAQs for Product Compliance in Hazardous Locations
- UAE ECASEx: Unit Verification Webinar Recording
- Transition from EN 13463 to EN ISO 80079 Webinar
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- IECEx Non-Electrical: Regulatory Guide to Non-Electrical Equipment in Hazardous Locations
- North America: Year-round CompEx Course Schedule
- Intertek Chester UK facility including CompEx course modules and descriptions
- Client Testimonials
- ETL Mark The Industry's Fastest Certification Program
- Functional Safety Services
- Field Evaluation
- On-site Design Review
- Certification Program for Industrial Control Panels (ICP)
- EMC Testing