HVACR Safety Testing
Gain Fast, Efficient Compliance to Regulatory Requirements Around The World with Safety Testing for HVACR Equipment
Getting your product to market quickly is essential. At Intertek, we are committed to helping you clear a path for your electrical safety certification whether you need an ETL Mark to compliance in North America or CE Marking or other certifications for markets around the world. By certifying your HVACR equipment with the ETL Listed Mark, you are receiving one of the industry’s most trusted and recognized electrical safety certifications.
Change is underway in the HVACR industry, with electrical safety standards such as UL 1995 giving way to UL 60335-2-40 (and the harmonized IEC and CSA versions of the standard). Let our experts guide you to the most efficient path to compliance – both for today and for the long-term.
Path to HVAC Certification Through January 2024
UL 1995 Testing and Certification
UL 1995 has been around for nearly 30 years, and it’ll be valid until Nov 30, 2022 if you still require certification to this particular standard. We can help with immediate needs.
UL 60335-2-40 Testing and Certification
The future of HVACR regulatory compliance is the more rigorous 60335-2-40 standard and it’s available today; we’ll guide you through the transition to ensure market access.
UL 60335-2-89 for Commercial Refrigeration
To harmonize with IEC 60335-2-89, UL and CSA are retiring previously used standards for commercial refrigeration appliances and icemakers, to replace them with North America specific 60335-2-89 standards of their own. This transition goes into effect on September 29 2024.
Fast and cost-effective solutions to secure approvals of local or state inspectors for unlabeled equipment.
Hazardous Areas Testing & Certification
Interested in bringing your HVACR product to the multi-billion dollar hazardous areas industry? Download a copy of our Explosive Atmospheres Guide to Equipment Certification Requirements.
Data Acceptance Program (Satellite TM) – On-Site Witness Testing
Conduct testing in your own labs, on your own schedule, and obtain our market-leading certifications for your products.
Global Market Access
Intertek makes it possible for you to take your HVACR equipment into virtually any market around the world, faster than the competition.
Our Global Certifications for Electrical Safety include:
Need help or have a question?
- HVAC Certification Requirements for Polymerics and Non-Metallic Materials Fact Sheet
- HVAC Path to Certification Through January 2024 Fact Sheet
- Zero Ozone Verification Program Fact Sheet
- UL 60335-2-40: Frequently Asked Questions
- Product Listing & Marking Strategies White Paper
- Ensuring Compliance With UL 60335-2-40 Webinar
- Transitioning from UL 1995 to UL 60335-2-40 White Paper
- HVACR Testing Chamber Design Services
- Gas Appliance Regulations Webinar: GAR vs. GAD
- Flammable Refrigerants: Comprehensive Assurance Fact Sheet
- Accelerated Stress Testing to Manage Disruptive Market Changes Webinar
- Intertek’s 65-Ton Psychrometric Test Facility
- Internet of Things (IoT) Capabilities and the Safeguarding of Smart HVACR Systems White Paper
- Functional Safety for Products White Paper
- UN 38.3 and the Requirements for the Transportation of Lithium Batteries
- Radio Equipment Directive (RED) white paper
- Department of Energy Direct Final Rules Webinar Recording
- Department of Energy Regulations
- AHRI Standards
- AHAM Program Directory
- HVACR Blog
- GSA Schedule Services
- LEED Green Building Rating System
- Intertek Protek - The world’s first industry-agnostic, end-to-end health, safety and wellbeing assurance program