About Intertek EWA-Canada
EWA-Canada, which joined the Intertek Group in 2016, has provided industry leading cyber security services for over 30 years. Initially serving Defense, Governmental and high security clients, EWA-Canada has expanded into consumer and industrial IoT security testing for consumer, commercial, medical, and industrial products and systems. With 65 cyber security experts based at our Ottawa, Canada location, we provide testing and certification services for all types of connected products, as well as network testing/ ethical hacking (IT and OT) and security reviews. Our wide range of capabilities and deep experience gives us unique insight to cyber security challenges, and solutions. Together with Intertek Acumen Security and Intertek NTA, we provide cyber security services supporting connected products and networks from a team of 150 experts, from 6 sites across the world, giving us the scale to deliver services at pace to our clients.
Certifications allow our clients to access new markets, and we recognize the importance of a fast, efficient process in enabling their commercial success. Our wide experience across many product categories, extensive accreditation giving a range of certification routes, and scale, mean we can support fast, efficient certification, reducing stress and speeding your product launch.
EWA and the Connected World: EWA forms a key part of the Intertek’s Connected World business line, which provides the full suite of services to allow our clients to launch effective, secure IoT products into markets anywhere in the world. As well as cyber security, Connected World provides connectivity and regulatory (FCC/RED) testing and certification services, and performance and inter-operability services.
Principal EWA Services:
Product Cyber Security:
- Common Criteria (ISO 15408); accredited by Canadian, Swedish and Spanish schemes, this is required in many countries for ICT products in governmental applications
- FIPS 140-2 – Cryptography focused standard, a requirement for many US federal government and other high risk sectors such as financial institutions.
- IEC 62443 - a common security standard for Industrial IoT products
- UL 2900 – a North America focused security standard increasingly used for connected Medical Devices.
- PCI – payment system standards, required for products such as card payment terminals
- Cyber Assured – Intertek’s consumer product focused test and certification standard, helping meeting requirements of California SB327 (IoT).
- Specialist custom testing including High Assurance (undisclosed/unauthorized functionality) testing.
- Network penetration testing: ‘Ethical hacking’ testing for any organizational networks, from schools and hospitals, to multinational corporations. Recommendations given allow clients to fix vulnerabilities before ‘bad actors’ can exploit.
- Web application testing: Expert evaluation of the security provided by web applications. The process focuses on security weaknesses, technical flaws, and vulnerabilities and results in a determination of potential impacts as well as recommendations for remediation.
- Operational Security testing: Specialist penetration testing focused on operational sites, from factories and process plants, to mines and oil platforms.
- Threat Risk Assessment: understanding security risks to an organization, in the context of business operations.
- Digital forensics: Leverage a team of forensic examiners ensuring accurate and complete event analysis.