About Intertek EWA-Canada
EWA-Canada, which joined the Intertek Group in 2016, has provided industry leading cyber security services for over 30 years. Initially serving Defense, Governmental and high security clients, EWA-Canada has expanded into consumer and industrial IoT security testing for consumer, commercial, medical, and industrial products and systems. With cyber security experts based in Canada and Sweden, we have the scale and capacity to deliver cyber security services at pace to our clients.
Principal EWA-Canada Services:
Product Cyber Security:
- Common Criteria; Accredited by Canadian, Swedish and Spanish schemes, this is required in many countries for ICT products in governmental applications.
- FIPS 140-2 – Cryptography focused standard, a requirement for many US federal government and other high risk sectors such as financial institutions.
- IEC 62443 - a common security standard for Industrial IoT products.
- O-TTPS – Supply chain security program assessment and certification.
- PCI – payment system standards, accredited to assess products such as card payment terminals to the PCI PTS, SPoC, and CPoC standards.
- Connected Medical Devices – Cybersecurity assessments of connected medical devices including workshops, gap assessments, security design reviews, vulnerability assessments and penetration testing, and testing to UL2900.
- Cyber Assured – Intertek’s consumer product focused test and certification standard, helping meet and exceed IoT requirements such as California SB327.
- Internet of Things (IoT) – Cybersecurity testing of IoT devices and systems to various regulatory requirements, guidelines, and standards.
- Specialist custom testing including High Assurance (undisclosed/unauthorized functionality) testing.
- Network Penetration Testing - ‘Ethical hacking’ testing for any organizational networks, from schools and hospitals, to multinational corporations. Recommendations given allow clients to fix vulnerabilities before ‘bad actors’ can exploit.
- Web Application Testing - Expert evaluation of the security provided by web applications. The process focuses on security weaknesses, technical flaws, and vulnerabilities and results in a determination of potential impacts as well as recommendations for remediation.
- Managed Security Services – Specialized operational security services tailored to our clients unique requirements, including operation of custom certificate authorities and cyber threat exchange services.
- Threat Risk Assessment - Understanding security risks to an organization, in the context of business operations.
- Operational Security Testing - Specialist penetration testing focused on operational sites, from factories and process plants, to mines and oil platforms.
- Digital forensics - Leverage a team of forensic examiners ensuring accurate and complete event analysis.
EWA and the Connected World: EWA forms a key part of the Intertek’s Connected World business line, which provides the full suite of services to allow our clients to launch effective, secure connected products into markets anywhere in the world. As well as cyber security, Connected World provides connectivity and regulatory (FCC/RED) testing and certification services, and performance and inter-operability services.